The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Senior Program Specialist, HIV/AIDS Care & Treatment (Full Performance) in the Department of Defense Walter Reed Program-Nigeria (DOD-WRPN):
Job Title: Senior Program Specialist, HIV/AIDS Care & Treatment (Full Performance) – FSN-11
Ref: DOD 020
Department: Defense Walter Reed Program-Nigeria (DOD-WRPN).
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
- The incumbent is the senior technical advisor on HIV/AIDS adult and pediatric treatment under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) for DoD Nigeria.
- Responsibilities include day-to-day program management and development, monitoring, reporting and close collaboration with Nigeria Ministry of Defense – Emergency Plan Implementation Committee NMOD-EPIC to ensure implementation is carried out in accordance with program strategic objectives and internationally recognized best practices in treatment.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered:
- MBBS or MD Degree in Medicine with MPH or its equivalent is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of mid-to-senior level public health experience in
- developing, implementing and evaluating HIV/AIDS adult and pediatric care and treatment programs or other relevant public health programs that involve coordination with an international agency or implementing partners and additional one (1) year experience at the managerial level is required.
- Thorough Knowledge in public health programs, HIV/AIDS treatment and Nigeria health care system and structures including familiarity with Ministry of Health (MOH) policies, program priorities and regulation is required.
- Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches including ability to lead project teams, workgroups and to develop effective working relationships with national and international working partners is required.
- Intermediate user level of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and strong skills with interpretation of program monitoring and evaluation of data are required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference.
- Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
Or – Ordinarily Resident-N10, 948,692.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary); Position Grade: FSN-11
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$62,796 EFM/MOH – US$54,069 , (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-04*
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All Applications should be Submitted to: [email protected]
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 20th November, 2015.