Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is an international investment and holding company with over three decades of experience in building sustainable businesses in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, real estate and oil and gas in 12 countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Morocco, UAE, India, South Africa, China etc. with an over 9,000 multicultural workforce.
TGI Group is the owner of leading companies such as CHI Limited (manufacturer of Chivita 100%, Hollandia, CHI snacks), CHI Farms Limited (producers of CHI Chicken), CHI Pharmaceuticals Limited (a WHO approved manufacturer of healthcare products), Cormart Limited (importer and manufacturer of Home Care products), Romson Oilfield Services Limited (provider of product and service solutions to oil industry), ORC Fishing and Food Processing Limited (producer of sea food), Master Marine Services Limited (Dry-Docking), WACOT Limited (a market leader in Agro inputs and investments in value-chains of sesame, cocoa, cashew, cotton, rice etc.), Fludor Benin SA (manufacturer of vegetable oils & fats and cashew processing), Tropical Industries International Pvt. Limited (manufacturer of kitchen and bathroom fittings), Vink Corporation DMCC, Dubai (agricultural commodities) etc.
Job Title: General Manager – Consumer Products
Job descriptionGeneral Manager – Consumer Products is responsible for formulating and leading execution of manufacturing plans, sales and marketing plans, brand and new product development, budgets and programs, resource and infra-structure management and work to effectively integrate all departments to support company objectives.
This is a hands-on upper level management position reporting directly to the Managing Director. The successful candidate must have a “big picture” view of company operations with an overall understanding of total business operations to include sales, marketing, logistics, engineering, manufacturing, production, purchasing, inventory, quality, facilities and expansion plans and all other duties related to the business operations.
- Work closely with the MD on manufacturing plans, goals, and future product innovations.
- Play an active role in senior-level negotiations with client companies and manufacturing partners
- Develop and manage budgeting and budget execution with a focus on product costs and margins
- Direct all production control, production process development, quality systems, purchasing and shipping/receiving activities.
- Influence manufacturing vendors and business partners internationally to work within quality guidelines and business procedures
- Coordinate with manufacturing and supply chain function to ensure product availability.
- Manage multi brands with a complete range of Home Care portfolio
- Responsible for delivering P&L, market shares and other brand KPIs including brand strategy, NPD pipeline, communication development, agency coordination and people management
- Lead teams on all initiatives for brand building in conjunction with Communication, Media, Advertising & PR agencies
- Lead Market & Consumer Research and identify avenues of growth for the organization’s portfolio
- Drive pricing structure basis market inputs, including analysis of market intelligence on competition, trade, customer expectations, product features, etc
- Drive company’s New Product Development and develop new market opportunities for the same
- Responsible for directing Sales & Marketing function to achieve targeted sales (both volume and value), market share and profitability budgets for entire product/brand portfolio (both in-house and trading products)
- Responsible for planning and execution of new initiatives and strategies for expanding products market and growth and enhancing distribution width and depth.
- Design and implement sales promotions and market activation programs with robust control / tracking mechanisms along with metrics to measure effectiveness of the program
- Prepare sales & marketing budgets with clear goals and targets along with full P & L responsibility
- Deal with commercial activities pertaining to sales and marketing functions viz credit policy, controlling bills/receivables, incentive schemes, negotiations and contracts
- Motivate, retain and grow talent within the organization
- BE/B Tech (Chemical) from a premier institute
- MBA (Marketing) from a premier institute
- Knowledge of ISO 9000, QS16949 and related quality standards
- Good Computer literacy and IT skills.
- Good leadership skills. Capable of providing leadership to all functions
- Required minimum of 15+ years of proven experience in Chemical or Consumer Products out of which 5 years should be in senior management position
- Knowledge of business operations and experienced in working with various ingredients and chemical required by industries that include FMCG, Food, Paint, Pharmaceuticals, Breweries, Homecare, Personal Care & Cosmetics, Confectionaries, PVC Plastic, Printing Ink, etc.
- Experienced in dealing with multi brand/product Sales & Marketing and Trading portfolio preferably at national level in a big Company with proven track record.
- Experienced in developing sales strategies, new markets, distribution network, setting up new outlets, new product development etc.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen with P & L responsibility
- Excellent communication skills to coordinate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Business acumen to effectively represent company interest within and outside the organization
- Nigeria/Africa experience will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply