Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is an international investment and holding company with over three decades of experience in building sustainable businesses in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, real estate and oil and gas in 12 countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Morocco, UAE, India, South Africa, China etc. with an over 9,000 multicultural workforce.
TGI Group is the owner of leading companies such as CHI Limited (manufacturer of Chivita 100%, Hollandia, CHI snacks), CHI Farms Limited (producers of CHI Chicken), CHI Pharmaceuticals Limited (a WHO approved manufacturer of healthcare products), Cormart Limited (importer and manufacturer of Home Care products), Romson Oilfield Services Limited (provider of product and service solutions to oil industry), ORC Fishing and Food Processing Limited (producer of sea food), Master Marine Services Limited (Dry-Docking), WACOT Limited (a market leader in Agro inputs and investments in value-chains of sesame, cocoa, cashew, cotton, rice etc.), Fludor Benin SA (manufacturer of vegetable oils & fats and cashew processing), Tropical Industries International Pvt. Limited (manufacturer of kitchen and bathroom fittings), Vink Corporation DMCC, Dubai (agricultural commodities) etc.
Job Title: Export Manager
Scope of Work
The successful candidate is required to :
- Manage existing business
- Identify and appoint distributors ( new business development) in the markets currently not present in
- Agree export prices / payment modalities /trading terms with new customers in line with company policy.
- Co-ordinate with Sales Ops, Supply Chain and Logistics teams to ensure timely dispatch of shipments and required documentation.
- Work with existing clients to develop their sales capability by regular visits to their markets, devising/implementation of distribution plans, planning below-the-line marketing activities etc.
- Develop and manage customer relationship
- Regular visits to clients markets
- Plan / Prepare activities to help clients with their distribution efforts
- Prospection for new business
- Supervise shipment activity as and when arises
- Arrange for promo material for BTL activities
- Manage all relevant record keeping and reporting.
- Ensure container clearing cost is within the norms laid down by the Company.
- Responsible for planning, managing, tracking and controlling shipments/ consignments physically and relevant documentation
- Handling containerized shipments and bulk shipments.
- Liaison with the port customs for various aspects of clearance of the outbound Shipments.
- Selection and management of external clearing agents for clearing Shipments.
- Well contact with the shipping lines for the destination ground support.
- Liaison, interaction and coordination with Carriers, Commercial Department, Terminal Operation Department, Terminal Operators and clearing agents for operational aspects.
- Improving business practices and reducing operating costs of the Company.
- Looking after Export Dry/Reefer Shipments for various destinations around the globe.
- Negotiation of the Freight Rates with the Carriers for Sea Exports.
- Negotiation of the Air Freight Rates with the Freight Forwarders/Airlines for Air Exports.
- Continuous follow ups & monitoring of Sea and Air Shipments upto its delivery.
- Follow-up for Shipping Company / Terminal refunds and maintaining records of outstanding refunds.
- Keeping updates on the delivery projection of the inbound shipments and to inform concerned departments on a weekly basis.
- Other miscellaneous logistics job as and when required.
Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- MBA from a premier institute
- Good knowledge of transport modalities ( road/sea) and terrain knowledge in West Africa
- Good knowledge of inventory management , planning and organizing skills
- Computer expertise especially in MS Excel , Word & PowerPoint
- Good oral and written communication skills
- French language skills are mandatory and should be of a high proficiency level
- 3-6 years working experience in a similar role in West /Central Africa
- 12+ year’s relevant experience in any big Food/FMCG/manufacturing Industry.
- Good experience of working in an ERP environment like SAP, Mfg-Pro, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics systems.
Country of Posting
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply