Arik Air is a customer-focused airline that offers consistently outstanding services to both business and leisure travellers. We have earned a reputation for providing “the best care in the air”. Industry experts have awarded us for delivering outstanding services. No airline does it in the unique Arik way.
Arik Air offers opportunities for employment in administrative, professional, technical and airline-specific disciplines, irrespective of the level or area of responsibility, each employee contributes to the growth and success of our airline. We believe that individuals score goals, but ultimately “the team wins the game”.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Vice President Treasury
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Oversee all cash management operations for the company and treasury centers located in Nigeria and other West African countries. The geographic scope maybe expanded later.
- Responsible for the documentation (letters of authorization/instructions, resolutions, various agreements, etc.) for all corporate bank accounts and short-term investment accounts.
- Manage and oversee all hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company’s borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions.
- Enhance internal controls by ensuring that cash is safeguarded and used for approved corporate purposes.
- Responsible for the cash forecasts of the company and assist in directing the cash flow to optimize cash flow and position.
- Monitor and asses changes and trends in investment markets and determsne appropriate strategy.
- Responsible for all of the company’s capital formation requirements, Including debt and equity issuances, Recommend and execute on financing strategies to fund business objectives.
- Responsible for coordinating, conducting, participating and documenting the company’s financing arrangements, and other strategic and financial issues. Serve as a financial contact with outside firms.
- Responsible for the planning of daily cash availability and ensure adequate liquidity for working capital needs and invest short-term excess cash.
- Manage inter-company cash, including inter-company lending, dividends and capital injections.
- Develop, recommend, implement, monitor, apply, coordinate, and manage the policies and procedures to govern the credit, letters of credit, parent guaranties, and trade credit activities for subsidiaries of the company (domestic and international) and will be required to develop a policy and procedure manual to ensure that all assets, cash and payments are accounted for accurately.
- Provide leadership to the Treasury team and has direct responsibilities for corporate finance functions including capital markets, cash management and Investing, fuel hedging, interest rate and foreign currency hedging, corporate insurance, contract administration, banking and rating agency relationships, as well as capital structure,
- Prepare quarterly capital structure for the Board of Director presentations.
- Responsible for banking relationships including the administration of short-term borrowings and investments,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) preferred. Master’s Degree In Finance or Accounting or MBA preferred.
- Independent and creative problem solving skills are required.
- Ideal candidate will also have broad-based financial background, including experience with financial planning and analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
- Must be an advanced user of Microsoft office suite of products and have experience working with financial systems.
- Must be able to effectively mentor and coach members of the Treasury team and raise over all level of performance.
- A minimum of 15 years of combined treasury, accounting and finance including at least 10 years of experience with cash management, Investment activities, bank relations, financing, compliance and reporting activities associated with a publicly-held company. Experience working with a multinational corporation is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to exercise a keen awareness of the legal implications of disclosing material company information; ongoing awareness of trends in senior Management’s thinking; ongoing familiarity with both industry and company activities; and an ongoing knowledge of stock market and financial trends.
- Requires excellent financial and business judgment skills, business acumen and ability to provide financial and business advice to all levels of Management and the Company’s Board.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people with varying degrees of financial exposure.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
Note: Only candidates that meet the above requirements will be considered
Application Deadline 7th October, 2015.