The U.S. Embassy is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the position of:
Travel Assistant – CDC
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent coordinates and facilitates travel logistics within the CDC Nigeria Office. S/he reports directly to the Travel Coordinator.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://abuja.state.gov/default.aspx
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- A minimum of two years of University studies in Business Administration, Secretarial Studies, Social Science or Arts is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years as an administrative assistant with experience in travel coordination.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Writing English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Incumbent must have advance planning and organization, excellent written and verbal communication and basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work independently to assess problems and issues, and develop realistic solutions related to travel.
- Good working knowledge of Amadeus Booking tools. Must be able to work effectively with U.S. embassy travel staff, airlines hotels, etc.
Method of Application
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
OR – Ordinarily Resident – N3,154,846 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinary Resident AEFM – US$36,353 EFM/MOH – US$31,301 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: [email protected]