Etisalat’s vision is a world where people’s reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Transmission Planning and Optimization
- Coordinate the planning, design and optimisation of access & Core transmission links to support Etisalat network and services rollout in the assigned region.
- Plan, design and optimise Etisalat Nigeria access fiber and Microwave network transmission infrastructure and architecture to cater for the capacity evolution and resilience requirement.
- Provide inputs in the development of strategies and plans towards the national transmission network for Etisalat Nigeria.
- Set future transport network strategies, transport architecture development and network roadmaps in order to meet capacity demands and business targets for OPEX and CAPEX.
- Manage and coordinate all activities of planning and design of transmission links to support EMTS network and services rollout in the assigned region ( GERAN, UTRAN & E-RAN)
- Responsible for producing traffic matrix forecast and distribution for various services
- Manage and coordinate planning & design of microwave access and metro transmission link to support site rollout and site upgrade
- Responsible for daily monitoring of transmission network utilisation/performance with the view of carrying out optimisation as required.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives
- Create and apply necessary processes and procedures to maintain and improve the work efficiency/ performance.
- Monitor and control the budgetary functions of the needs of the unit
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Transmission Network.
- Manage and co-ordinate design of transmission links for site (2G,3G,LTE) connectivity and minimize dependency levels of sites in assigned region
- Coordinate the design and planning of microwave and fiber last mile to support IP POI and MGW connectivity.
- Ensure all transmission infrastructure have adequate capacity headroom to support Abis, Iub X2/S1 expansion and optimisation.
- Ensure all line of sight (LOS) survey for transmission links are conducted and approved for site rollout.
- Oversee, Plan and execute transmission projects
- Coordinate the optimisation of the existing access microwave links in the region.
- Prepare Microwave Spectrum frequency utilisation report for NCC reports
- Minimum First degree or equivalent in Electrical, Telecommunication Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate (MSC) / professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years’ work experience with at least three (3) in a supervisory role
- Understanding of mobile technology backhaul at the access, transport and core network layer
- Must be able to use Pathloss and network traffic analysis software ( U-traffic, NOMAD) for designing & optimising transmission links
- Proven experience in planning, design & engineering of transport and enterprise networks.
- Must have a good knowledge of traffic forecast, capacity planning and IP/MPLS technologies
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply