Best Search Recruitment Limited – Our Client is a fast growing Telecommunication company actively involved in different telecommunication related services and infrastructure projects.
Job Title: Transmission Engineer
- The Transmission Engineer will be responsible for the installation, commissioning and design of microwave & transmission links for site connectivity
- Perform routine O&M procedures as prescribed for Power, Transmission and BTS Radio networks.
- Ensure that approved transmission optimization tasks are executed according to schedule and with minimal distortion to service
- Acceptance of newly installed and upgraded MW Links
- General maintenance of telecom base station (BTS and Power)
- Installation and commissioning of DXX multiplexers e.g. DXX6340, DXX6325, DX6335 and DXX 8100 basic nodes
- Implementation of SDH & PDH cutover
- Clearing of Alarm on mini link
- Supervision of Radio Antenna installation on BTS site i.e. checking the azimuth, electrical tilt, cabling of feeder cables and grounding
- Installation of micro wave antenna such as 1.8, 1.2., 0.6 , 0.3.and commissioning the radio
- Extensive work on both transmission and radio base station
- Monitor and ensure adherence to SLAs by vendors (interconnect partners, transmission link providers, etc)
- Ensure transmission operations work undertaken by vendors/ service providers meets with customer specifications
- Manage and escalate all unresolved/ major faults to appropriate quarters for necessary attention
- Ensure timely escalation of all inter-MSC, MSC-BSC, BSC-BSC and interconnect transmission links faults; follow up with vendors and third party service providers to ensure that faults are resolved within defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Ensure that all preventive, corrective and configuration Work Orders/ Change Requests are duly implemented and according to the Work Order/ Change Request process
- Management and Maintenance of Microwave links
- Coupling of microwave antenna, running of fibre and power cable
- Responsible for conducting line of sight (LOS) survey for transmission links
- Responsible for generating Work Order for Implementation and Operations team
- Carry out detail optimisation of the existing access microwave links.
- Support RF team in optimisation of BTS sites transmission links
- Generate a daily, weekly and monthly report on the access links with the agreed K.P.I
- Earthing and powering of RBS cabinet
- React to emergency faults and ensure all faults are rectified promptly.
- Resolution of repetitive faults affecting BTS radio network
- Ensure maintenance work undertaken by contractors meets company’s specification.
- Maintain a comprehensive set of records of all transmission links, BTS sites, power equipment and spares for all sites within designated area.
- Ensure all security and network Integrity documentation is completed and adhered to
- Responsible for designing and planning transmission link to support ABIS expansion and BTS site optimization
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- B.sc / HND in Electrical / Electronics Engineering or a related field from a reputable institution
- Minimum of Four (4) years’ experience in implementation and maintenance in the telecommunications industry
- Team work abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Solid foundation in electronics theory
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner
- Flexibility, persistence, resourcefulness, an insatiable drive to succeed and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in transmission and radio planning and climbing towers is desirable
- Radio frequency propagation and radio/Micro Wave equipment installation and or maintenance
- RF & BTS, transmission and electrical experience is an added advantage
- Time management skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 24th February, 2016.