Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
The Transactional Products and Services division is the engine that works constantly within Standard Bank to evolve and extend our range of products and client services. Split across three specialized functions, our teams work with organizations ranging from corporate clients and pension fund administrators through to asset managers and individual global investors. Our Transactional Product and Service team now needs an experienced and highly capable Transactional Banker to optimize our range of solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transactional Banker
Job ID: 12841
Division: Transactional Products and Services
Position Category: Transaction and Investment Products
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
- To manage client relationships and to maximize cross-selling revenues and client profitability while providing effective client support and relationship development relating to Global Transaction Banking products
a.) Financial Performance
- Achieve revenue target and growth for 2015 as agreed
- Achieve new sales revenue targets as agreed
- Contribute to the formulation of the sales budget/pricing process including concessions
- Manage expenses
- Responsible for the portfolio financial budget through good client retention and services
b.) Enhancing performance
- Development of short term and long term sales and product plans, focusing on customers, competition, profitability, product life cycle and service consideration, in addition to organizing sales programs for growth and product penetration for your portfolio.
- Support the launching of new initiatives, products, developing enhancements, new product concepts and preparing business requirements, either independently or jointly with Group.
- Understand the market in terms of size, share, structure, potential, customer segmentation, buyer behaviours and competitor analysis within the region and country, for the relevant product sets. Support the Sales Head with market research as required
- Carry out competitor benchmarking exercises to help shape the bank’s
- sales, marketing, product, pricing and service strategies
c.) Client Centricity
- Implement sales performance and effectiveness model comprising of sales methodology and process
- Develop deep client understanding
- Cross sell and up sell
- Manage and retain client relationships
- Participate in customer surveys (internal and external)
d.) Internal processes
- Plan, input, maintain and communicate a view of Transaction Products and services covering your portfolio
- Coordinate and assume responsibility for compiling and communicating to all stakeholders, on a regular basis, information relevant to your portfolio.
e.) Brand and Culture
- Represent Stanbic at sales forums and industry events.
- Promote the Stanbic brand
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree (and post graduate qualification
- 2 – 10 Years sales experience
- Knowledge of the Oil and Gas sector would be advantageous
- Previous transaction banking experience or relevant experience within the corporate banking space.
- Knowledge of trade, supply chain and cash management products available globally, their features, applications
- Knowledge of the local market, customers and competitors
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking operations/SWIFT
- Understands and implements strategic objectives; provides meaningful input into the strategy/objectives of the business unit; ensures that all client solutions are aligned with and support business objectives; anticipates business and customer trends and stays up to date with these
- Identifies business opportunities/gaps; draws on and integrates information from a range of relevant sources and stakeholders to realise integrated solutions; forward thinking;
- Inspires, influences and guides others to help them achieve desired results/organisational objectives while keeping the organisation’s vision and values at the forefront; builds credibility in self and the team; stimulates high performance
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, build and /or initiate effective relationships with others (colleagues, stakeholders and customers); builds and maintain credibility with others
- Comfortable with and adapts to change; drives and facilitates the implementation of and acceptance of change with the team; acts as a change Agent – models, identifies and supports new behaviour which supports the realization of the business strategy
- Takes multiple simultaneous tasks/projects/initiatives through to completion within or before defined timelines; reflects the ability to plan, organise and control; effective continuous communication of project status to identified stakeholders
- Identifies, attracts and retains the right mix of skills; focuses on guiding and developing others in perusing and achieving work related objectives; succession planning in line with strategic objectives
- Participates as a member of a team and uses a flexible interpersonal style to contribute to the effective functioning of teams and to the completion of team goals
- Communicates effectively in a verbal, non-verbal and written manner; confident and comfortable communicating with a wide range of cultures, audiences and organizational groups and management levels
- Articulates a good understanding of the mechanisms and processes behind an end-to end business and displays strong insight into the processes and resources, and financial management required to sustain a business; anticipates business and customer trends and stays up to date with these
- Manages expenses in line with sound financial principles; reflects an understanding of and ability to apply basic financial principles such as budgeting and cost/benefit analysis; provides input into the business unit’s budget and targets
- Effectively meets customer needs; Understands and exceeds customer expectations and requirements using available resources, policies and opportunities; recognizes and acknowledges diverse customer needs by adapting responses to context and customer; manage and retain client relationships
- Identifies and manages risk within an area of influence;
- Uses and/or develops and implements risk measurement and risk management systems, processes and policies within the business
- Maintains effective job performance, relationships and personal credibility when under pressure; seeks out and responds positively to constructive feedback; remains motivated, focused and displays a positive attitude regardless of difficult circumstances.
- Follows defined codes of conduct and ethical principles in a manner that supports the social, ethical and organizational norms; remains honest and objective and lives the SB values; creates a sense of trust and goodwill through being motivated to always ‘do the right thing’
- Instils a sense of urgency and motivation to provide superior delivery/output in terms of responsiveness, efficiency and turnaround times; driven to produce high quality work, motivated to achieve own work-related and business goals; drives tasks through to completion
- Continually searches for new ideas and approaches and recommends these; initiates action to achieve goals beyond what is required; solution focused, optimistic and enjoys new challenges
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online