IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Training Manager
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
- Conduct organizational and unit-based training needs assessments; collect and analyze data to determine performance gaps and recommend training solutions;
- Design and implement training programs using a variety of modalities depending on the needs, including advanced e-learning activities, webinars, instructor led trainings, etc.;
- Make use of the Instructional System Design Model to design and develop courseware and engaging blended or multi-media learning activities for training;
- Establish working relationships with instructional designers, analysts, management, subject matter experts, other training staff, and end users;
- Ensure effective logistics before and during course implementation including: liaising with the venue, undertaking preparation of course materials in liaison with the trainers, and supporting trainers to ensure the smooth running of all courses;
- Manage the training database organizing and archiving training materials and data;
- Support the development and writing of proposals for capacity-development and training projects;
- Report on training and learning activities and assist the Head of the CDO in developing annual budgets and plans;
- Review training program evaluations, test results, and participant and manager feedback on training effectiveness to make recommendations for program optimization;
- Provide support to special projects to implement their capacity development plans to ensure capacity gaps identified are addressed in a timely and effective manner; promote inter-projects learning on common good practices and exchange of training programs;
- Develop appropriate training materials; recommend revisions to existing training courses and possible areas requiring training courses for staff and NARS;
- Market training services working closely with the Communications Office using online and offline approaches; produce publicity materials such as fliers, brochures and newsletters, social media, adverts and update training web pages;
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Extension, Social Sciences, Humanities or related field with at least 5 years of experience in managing training programs in a research organization. Membership of NITAD or other relevant professional organization is an added advantage.
- Experience in creation, coordination and delivery of training programs.
- Understanding of adult learning, participatory training approaches, curriculum design and development is essential.
- Skills in project management, data collection, evaluation and needs analyses with good organization, communication and coordination abilities are also required.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential; other language skills, particularly French, are desirable.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information
Application Deadline 1st October, 2015.