Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest chain of nursery and primary schools offering high-quality education at an affordable price to families living on less than $2 a day per person. Our vertically integrated Academy-in-a-Box approach has reengineered the entire lifecycle of basic education, leveraging data, technology, and scale in order to keep quality up and prices as low as $5 a month (on average). Our mission is Knowledge for all. Currently, we have 405 academies in Kenya and 7 academies in Uganda, with more than 120,000 pupils enrolled and we are growing at a rate of one new academy every three days. We are launching in Nigeria this year and India next year. Ten years from now we plan to be operating in at least a dozen countries and to count 10,000,000 children as our pupils.
Job Title: Manager, Training & Culture – Global
What You Will Do
- Design recruitment and assessment procedures to identify top candidates; these tools will be used by 100+ people in the field across our operating countries – all tools and processes must be quick and easy to use.
- Redesign our induction training for Academy Manager to be shorter, more inspirational/mission-focused, more customer/community-focused, and include more experiential and practical learning.
- Ensure all Academy Managers are able to successfully to manage their academies including pupil admissions, fees collections, supplies/inventory management, staff management and mentorship, retail and concession sales, and more – altogether ensuring that all academies continue to grow their pupil reach and maximize their revenue.
- Design on-going professional development training through in-person classes, workshops, online tutorials, readings, videos, and other new media in order to ensure our Academy Managers continue to develop and practice best in class retail management techniques at their academies, drive efficiencies, inspire their teams and community, and maximize their revenue.
- Work with Global Manager of Academy Management Tools to design better tools for managers to use, thereby simplifying the training process.
- Train Training and Culture Managers as well as Training Officers and Associates across all operating countries in how to best deliver these teachings.
- Spend time in Bridge communities developing a knowledge of the market, competitors, and trends as well as driving customer insights and critical business issues opportunities; partner with other teams throughout Bridge as needed.
What You Should Have
- Passion for Bridge’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed
- 5+ years relevant experience – at least 1+ year of which must be at a retail chain and 1+ year of which must be in a recruiting or training capacity
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric driven sales organization; experience in human-centred design preferred
- Supreme organisational, critical thinking, and communications skills
- Experience working in developing countries and/or with low income customers highly encouraged
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, graduate degrees preferred
How We Work
Above all else, we’re looking for ambition, organization, drive, intellect, problem solving, and respect for others. You will report to the Global Director of Academy Operations.
Nigeria or India preferred. Kenya, Uganda, or DC possible, too. 25%+ travel will be required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply