Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Training and Capacity Building Specialist, USAID/Nigeria Support for Strategic Information and Project Management Services (S4SIPMS)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
SI is preparing a proposal response for a five-year strategic information and project management activity, S4SIPMS. Based in Abuja, the program will assist the USAID/Nigeria Office of HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis (TB) in meeting its strategic information and program management needs as required by the Office of Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC) and USAID. SI will support of the USAID/Nigeria Office to make strategic investments based on quality programming that yield greater impact on saving lives and improving the health status of People Living with HIV (PLHIV) through:
- Planning and Conducting Site Improvement through Monitoring System (SIMS) Assessments: Support for all PEPFAR data collection, analysis, reporting and quality improvement needs through the use of the SIMS tools; Support the management and application of SIMS assessments per OGAC requirements; and Promote quality management/quality improvement (QM/QI) approach to service delivery and/or process.
- Capacity Building for Data Use: Increase the capacity of implementing partners (IPs), strengthen mission’s capacity to utilize SIMS data
- Synthesize Evaluation Lessons and Analyze to Determine Policy Implications
- SI is seeking a full-time Nigerian Training and Capacity Building Specialist to provide overall management of the project’s Capacity Building for Data Utilization function. S/he will report to the COP.
- Oversee and manage the Capacity Building for Data Utilization function of the project.
- Supervise a variety of local staff.
- Provide technical assistance on data utilization, data visualization and data quality.
- Design and lead trainings; facilitate workshops with high-level stakeholders on data use and quality in the context of HIV/AIDs and PEPFAR.
- Minimum a Master’s level education in Demography, Epidemiology, Public Health or a related field.
- Demonstrated technical skills in data utilization/data use, data visualization and data quality. Must have proven and verifiable experience in this area.
- Expert trainer and facilitator of high-level stakeholders and variety of partners.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and both written and oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrated progressive experience working in Nigeria and/or other developing countries.
- Demonstrated technical and management expertise in the field of public health, preferably HIV/AIDS Presentation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Nigerian citizenship will be considered.