Onstream Group – With more than three decades of global industry experience, the company is now structured as a group of business units, each with its own specialisations. Through these units, the Group can provide tailored services to address the needs of our clients worldwide in the most effective and competitive manner.
Our client, Total Upstream Nigeria Limited, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Offshore Welding Supervisor
The Offshore Welding Supervisor shall:
- Review all Contractor Project documentation relating to welding, NDE and fabrication in general prior to the commencement of the welding activities on board the vessel;
- Supervise any welding/welders qualifications done on the vessel;
- Make sure the welds and their radiography are duly identified and liaise with the offshore Company NDE Interpreter;
- Liaise with the offshore Company NDE Interpreter to ensure all pipeline welds NDE done during his shift are duly interpreted by the NDE agents of Contractor;
- Inform the Company Main Representative and the Construction Manager about all shortcomings, problems and/or major defects detected in the fabrication;
- Collect the inspection reports carried out during its shift and file them properly on board available for the CY main representative;
- Report any conformity to Offshore Company Representative.
- Supervise any preparatory work to be done on the vessel before proceeding to the welding production offshore;
- Make sure the welds are carried out according to the approved WPS;
- Make sure the weld preparation and fit-up are acceptable as per specifications;
- Agree with Contractor technical representatives on board on correction actions to be taken to meet project technical requirements whenever needed. Make sure actions are enforced accordingly;
- Safety is the core value of the Company’s Group and shall be the first and foremost priority for all Company offshore personnel.
- The Welding Supervisor shall demonstrate exemplary HSE behavior and ensure that all acts under his supervision are conducted in a safe manner according to the Company’s Golden Rules, Contractor HSE rules and all international and local regulations.
In particular the Welding Supervisor shall:
- Report safety improvements, anomalies and incidents according the HSE management system on board the vessel;
- Be a safety leader for all Contractor and subcontractor staff in his domain of supervision;
- Not engage in any unsafe acts.
- Stop immediately all unsafe acts by Company, Contractor or third party personnel;
The Offshore Welding Supervisor is accountable for:
- Safe and efficient welding operations on board the vessel;
- Ensure that all welds are performed according to the procedure;
- Ensure the quality of all welds.
- Welding or material science diploma;
- CSWIP certified welding inspector level 3.2 or equivalent;
- Fully conversant with API 1104 / DNV OS-F101 welding code and COMPANY specifications GS EP PLR 420/421;
- Having a solid experience in NDE (AUT is a plus);
- Fluent in English (verbal and written);
- BOSIET Certificate
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply