Applications are now being accepted for the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP) #TEEP #AfricanEntrepreneurs
Budding entrepreneurs across Africa can now apply to join the second annual Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP) for start-up businesses based in Africa.
Applications for 2016 open on 1 January and can be made by any for-profit business based in Africa, including new business ideas which have been in existence for less than three years.
Open: To startups and Entrepreneurs from all the 54 African Countries – For Africans based in Africans
Worth: $100M for 10,000 Startups/Entrepreneurs
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP) a 12-week programme to equip startups with the basic skills required to launch and run their businesses at the early stage of their growth.The programme will bring together the best tools and frameworks to teach and hone entrepreneurship skills in Africa and globally.
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme #TEEP, a Pan-African entrepreneurship initiative of the Tony Elumelu Foundation, is a multi-year programme of training, funding, and mentoring, designed to empower the next generation of African entrepreneurs.
The programme will be a mix of online and face-to-face instruction, including webinars and video tutorials with support from your mentor throughout. It will cover topics on starting and scaling a business, business development, marketing strategy, effective management and product design.
The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme is open to citizens and legal residents of all 54 African countries.
Successful applicants who complete the programme will receive the local currency equivalent of Naira 850,000 as non-returnable seed capital, and are eligible for a further Naira 850,000 in the form of either debt or equity, depending on business need and other criteria.
Selected entrepreneurs will join the existing cohort of 1,000 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurs, from 51 countries, who formed the inaugural 2015 cycle of the TEEP programme and have thus far, received considerable benefits from their participation, including:
- Training: 12 weeks of training on how to set up and manage businesses with mentoring and financial support offered by The Tony Elumelu Foundation.
- Accelerated Growth: Over 90% of Tony Elumelu entrepreneurs, with existing businesses, have reported increased growth in the past year.
- Access to Further Funding: A significant portion of our entrepreneurs have accessed additional external funding through the platform provided by Tony Elumelu Foundation.
- Networking Opportunities: A flourishing alumni network has developed, providing personal linkages and business opportunities across the Continent.
TEEP is a commitment by the Tony Elumelu Foundation to identify and fund 10,000 African entrepreneurs over a 10-year period.
Questions to Answer:
- Tell us about yourself, personal bio and what led you to become an entrepreneur (200 words)
- Leadership Skills & Experience
- Describe your leadership skills and experience for running the business (100 words)
- Personal Achievement
- Tell us something impressive you have personally built or achieved (100 words)
- Elevator Pitch
- In 50 words or less, describe your current business or idea.
- Detailed Description
- In more detail, describe your product or service (200 words)
- Wow Us
- What is new, interesting or different about your product or service? (list 3 things)
- Problem Solved
- What problem does your product or service solve? (50 words)
Please be informed that you would be required to upload certain documents, in order to make your application progress faster, you can get and/or prepare these documents before you start your application, these documents are;
» Valid Government Recognized Identification
» Official Registration Certificate for your business
» Official Evidence of Ownership of the business
» Official Evidence of Directors in your business
» Official Consent by Partners to apply
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP) 2016
Application Deadline: Midnight WAT on March 1st, 2016