Tociano Nigeria Limited, the owners of Accessories 2die4, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
- A retail business involves sales, inventories and other elements, making accounting detailed and complex.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines are also required.
- Honesty and integrity are highly valued assets.
- Accurate accounting data helps owners and managers make sound decisions based on real data, not gut-feelings, gossip or wishful thinking.
- The Accounting Officer assists the Accounts Manager and Head of Finance in all areas relating to financial reporting to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- The position requires disciplined, team- spirited and goal oriented individuals.
- Assist the Accounts Manager in preparing annual budgets, business plans and cash flow forecasts, scheduling expenditures;
- General book-keeping and implementing on-going control of cash transactions including reconciliation of bank statements and accounts and resolution of any discrepancies.
- Facilitate the timely and regular payment of utility bills and tax levies.
- Apply efficient and cost – saving initiatives and procedures for the organization.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential and support overall organizational goals and objectives.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to perform any other job-related duties required by the Head of Finance/Accounts or Chief Executive Officer.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Work with the External Auditors to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Participate in interface with relevant regulatory agencies on tax matters and filing of all statutory returns.
- Participate in the management of the company’s inventory by monitoring, maintaining and updating inventory reconciliation.
- Monitor monetary sales activity in all store outlets by maintaining proper money management and deposit procedures and encouraging staff adherence to set sales targets
- Calculating the company revenue and crosschecking if the cost and revenue match
- Contribute to the preparation of financial statements and management reports, including monthly and annual accounts.
- Assist in preparation of payrolls, records of prepaid assets, accounts receivable, accruals and payment of employee salaries.
- Assist the Accounts Manager to disburse petty cash for general office needs and disburse funds for approved payments
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 18th April, 2016.