Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster.
We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Enterprise Solutions & GRC Market Development Lead – Africa
Job Type: Standard
- The GRC and Enterprise Solutions, Market Development Lead (MDL), Africa is regionally responsible for defining & driving the business growth & retention priorities in the Sub Saharan Africa region for the defined workflow/asset class.
- They are responsible for identifying key regional growth opportunities within client segments &/or client user types.
- They are responsible for the day to day oversight of the business performance as well as tracking and implementation of the execution for the strategy to defend and grow the business within Go-To-Market (GTM). The MDL is the regional “go to” client segment & user proposition expert within GTM.
- They are the conduit for the regional “voice of the customer” back to Design and Manage (D&M), to ensure focus on deliverables towards regional growth priorities.
- They will drive field marketing activities, actively defining the value proposition in support of growth & retention priorities – both externally as well as internally.
Specific day-to-day responsibilities and milestones needed to achieve the objectives:
- Set the Regional Growth & Retention priorities for the GRC & ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS business in consultation with the Sub-Regional Business Leads and Sales Specialist Managers.
- Responsible for ultimate growth and retention execution, programmatically driving prioritised business plans and campaigns to achieve targets.
- Collaborate with Regional Sales & Client Specialist Management to align objectives and targets for GRC & ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS in the region, with the associated strategies and plans to achieve them.
- Provide input into resource level determination in support of retention & growth focus.Maintain a regular operating rhythm with the regional sales & support teams to systematically drive the regional agenda for the GRC & ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS business and mobilise client facing teams to deliver business objectives and revenue targets programmatically.
- This should include detailed analysis of business performance, content acquisition & improvements, market sizing and opportunity prioritisation.Identify new business opportunities to grow the GRC & ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS business in specific market segments based on detailed sizing.
- Identify the key regions, associated value proposition and execution plan to ensure the opportunities facilitate growth.
- Validate Regional strategy & value propositions with customers and document feedback to defining growth & retention potential prior to launching new propositions.
- Collate and prioritise detailed client requirements for D&M based on constant client interaction. Work with Regional Sales & Account Management on strategic deals and renewals to grow the business or retain customers, maximising client value & footprint, including advising/ approving commercial termsForward manage all key renewals based on contract, usage and active risk management ensuring ‘total’ business management of existing strategic customers.
- New Starter Induction or on-going learning programs (e.g. Monthly updates, Learning calls & Boot-camps)Provide focus for Field Marketing in the definition/ prioritisation of key industry event participation, TR hosted thought leadership events, client events/ bright-spots, internal staff events (Hard Talk/ Lunch & Learn/ educational Boot-camps/ monthly proposition & performance updates).
- The Market Development Lead role will be located at one of our regional hubs in Africa Travel throughout Sub Saharan Africa will be required & determined by business priorities.
- Initiate and manage industry association and strategic relationships in the region to achieve business goals, represent the business and act as the senior representative for the relevant client segment & business priorities in the region. Own/ Develop the relevant Portfolio of key customer contacts, including key Heads of desks, key influencers & C level executives at key banks, financial institutions & corporates.
- Provide ‘expert knowledge’ based input to the definition of the “customer learning experience” for delivery to frontline specialist and support teams. Provide expert knowledge based input for internal learning programs e.g.
Qualifications, Required Skills and Experience
- Be able to demonstrate strong Financial Market Experience in the GRC & ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS business including entire workflow and core content set value for all user types.
- Have a deep understanding of the core challenges our clients face and the value that our GRC & ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS proposition brings to address these challenges.
- French and / or Portuguese is a positive,
- Demonstrate a blend of strategic and operational skills
- Ability to work in a complex matrix organisation University degree, Industry qualification (e.g. ACI Diploma/ CFA/ ISMA).
- Post-graduate in Business would be a plus.
- Ability to present and demonstrate TR solutions as an answer to the customer need and challenges Ability to translate market trends into business plans and execution of these plans Maintain senior and strategic client and industry relationships
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills including influencing at a high level and lead stakeholders to achieve a common objective
- Strong organisational, communication and presentation skills
- Fluent written & spoken English is compulsory.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply