The Vital Voices GROW Fellowship is a highly competitive one-year accelerator program for women owners of small and medium businesses in Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa. The program includes customized business skills training, technical assistance, leadership development, and access to networks to grow their businesses and increase their leadership impact.
Through global and regional online and in-person trainings, fellows focus on strategy and long-term business value paired with action-oriented plans. They amplify their role as leaders in their businesses and their communities to create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth and produce wider social benefits.
Vital Voices seeks applications from women business owners from Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa, who:
- Own a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years,
- Employ at least 3 full time staff, and
- Generate at least USD $40,000 in annual sales
As an interested applicant, you:
- Are motivated to build the skills and make the changes needed to grow your business,
- Have demonstrated leadership within your community
- Have the authority to make critical decisions within your business
- Are excited to participate in a one year business accelerator program, and
- Are willing and committed to have your business growth tracked by Vital Voices for 1 year during the Fellowship, and 2 years afterwards through methods including online surveys and phone calls.
Global Virtual Learning: Over 4-6 months fellows complete a series of webinars, assignments, online courses, assessments, and one-on-one calls with peers, Vital Voices staff, and trainers.
Regional In-Person Training: Each year, fellows from each region gather in one country in their region to participate in a four-day regional, in-person training workshop that will guide them in creating an action plan outlining how they will accomplish their business growth goals
Growth Services and Support: Following the in-person training, fellows apply and revise their action plans, as well as evaluate their progress towards their growth goals. Throughout the last 6 months of the fellowship, Vital Voices staff work with fellows to connect them to individualized growth services and support, based on the goals and action items in their action plan.
- 4-7 hours per week of webinars, assignments and calls during the global virtual learning phase (June-September 2016)
- Attending the entirety of the 4-day regional in person training workshop in October
- Active participation in the growth services and support (November 2016 – May 2017)
- Collaboration with Vital Voices on tracking your business growth for up to three years via completion of brief, periodic online surveys
- Strengthened knowledge, skills, and confidence in 5 core areas: business planning, leadership, financial management, networking, and marketing
- Access to 12 business management and leadership courses through Harvard Business School Publishing’s online platform, Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) for one year
- Access to highly qualified staff and business consultants
- Opportunities for referrals to business support services tailored to your needs
- A certificate of completion
- Up to 17 interactive webinars led by expert trainers from across the globe
- Participation in a 4-day in-person, regional training workshop
- A network of women business leaders from across the globe
How to Apply
Interested individuals should Click Here to Apply
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Vital Voices GROW Fellowship Program
Application Deadline: January 31, 2016