The Population Council is an international, nonprofit, nongovernmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and to help achieve a humane, equitable, and sustainable balance between people and resources.
The Council conducts biomedical, social science, and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries. Established in 1952, the Council is governed by an international board of trustees. Its New York headquarters supports a global network of regional and country offices. We are seeking an individual to fill the position described.
Job Title: Country Director, Nigeria
- Doctoral degree in social science, medicine, public health, or related field with training relevant to reproductive health, family planning, HIV and AIDS, poverty, gender, and youth.
- Minimum of six years’ relevant postdoctoral professional experience.
- Proven ability and interest to manage and administer a country-level program on HIV and AIDS; reproductive health; or poverty, gender, and youth. This qualification requires experience in recruiting, monitoring, evaluating, and supervising local staff; managing project resources; fundraising and donor reporting; as well as the ability to work well with all levels of national and international staff within a complex technical assistance organization.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, analyze, publish, and disseminate research in developing countries.
- In-depth, substantive knowledge of HIV and AIDS; reproductive health; and poverty, gender, and youth issues, as well as an international reputation for excellence in developing such programs.
- Understanding of government systems and entities in Nigeria desirable and a demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to travel within the region and overseas on a regular basis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply