Adam Smith International is an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally.
We specialise in the design, management and delivery of complex projects.
Our wide-ranging experience is grouped into two areas: Economic Growth and Government Reform. Economic Growth includes services in Private Sector Development, Infrastructure Development, Extractive Industries Governance and Climate Change. Government Reform includes services in Public Administration Reform, Justice, Security and Peace-building, Revenue Reform, Public Financial Management, Education Development, and Civil Society and Demand-Side Accountability.
Often working in challenging environments and conflict affected areas, we have a proven track record for achieving tangible results.
Job Title: Climate Change Workstream Lead
NIAF is helping the government of Nigeria to scale up the ambition and impact of their climate change agenda. The new Administration has already demonstrated clear political will to prioritise climate change in its agenda. NIAF has a critical role to play in ensuring that this political will is turned into concrete outcomes. The climate change workstream leader is an exciting position for someone who wants to contribute to delivering a streamlined, collaborative and coordinated approach to climate change in Nigeria.
- The ‘face’ of the climate change programme of NIAF;
- Drive the implementation of climate change programme through to the end of NIAF Phase 2 (end 2016);
- Coordinate and maintain oversight across the three climate change components: gas flaring, mainstreaming and climate finance;
- Support bid preparation for NIAF Phase 3; and,
- Develop interventions with an awareness of budget envelopes.
- Maintain close connections with Nigerian government and appointed Minister of the Environment;
- Manage the strategic vision with DFID;
- Ultimate responsibility for delivery of logframe outcomes and oversight of the delivery of outputs;
- 10-15 years of professional experience;
- Demonstrable experience of climate change mainstreaming, climate change policy and advocacy issues in developing countries;
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities;
- Strong strategic planning, results-based management and reporting capabilities;
- Focus on impact and results for the client and responds positively to critical feedback; consensus-oriented; and,
- Experience of policy implementation is desirable.
- Proven leadership qualities: ability to lead and motivate accomplished senior professionals;
- Stakeholder management: experience navigating ambiguous or conflicting expectations from powerful stakeholders for whom climate change may not be a priority;
- Ability to communicate clearly and influence others towards a common goal;
- Established relationships with relevant Nigerian government stakeholders is advantageous but not a prerequisite;
- Excellent team player with good interpersonal skills, including ability to manage personnel and team management potential (including mediation and conflict resolution);
This is a 12-month fixed term contract. The candidate is expected to be full time in Abuja, Nigeria for this period. The qualified candidate must be available to start in January 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply