Peen Nigeria Limited is licensed to provide stevedoring services in Nigeria and we are presently recruiting to fill the position of a Terminal Operation Manager with vast experience in terminal and stevedore operations.
Job Title: Terminal Operations Manager
- Manage vessel and cargo operations, through direct supervision of stevedores at vessels and/or off site, as assigned by management.
- Chair pre and post operations meetings with stevedores in order to continually improve quality and production.
- Direct labor orders with stevedores.
- Coordinate vessel movements and operations with local port agents, processors, and Headquarters. .
- Prepare countermeasures and policies for stevedore use and improve overall service to customers.
- Vessel stow planning and coordination as needed by HQ.
- Prepare vessel stow plans in order to maximize vessel utilization for greatest cargo volume and revenue.
- Knowledge of vessel stability needed.
- Work with trade lanes to monitor cargo projections and cargo acceptance of out of gauge cargoes.
- Work with terminals and stevedores to accept cargo various cargoes and also minimize costs.
- Demonstrate effective “Innovation Value” by benchmarking and incorporated change for positive results.
- Develop new liner business in line with existing and new service deployments and create process to manage pipeline of new business development and diversification.
- Manage operating costs in area and review all stevedore and terminal invoices.
- Monitor production and cargo handling costs.
- Assist in negotiating stevedore and terminal contracts.
- Quality control and damage prevention.
- Maintain close contact with auto manufacture port reps, port processors, and surveyors.
- Use data to improve stevedores’ quality handling of cargo.
- 5 yrs experience within the maritime industry in the area of vessel and terminal operations.
- Thorough understanding of vessel and marine terminal operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong negotiations skills.
- Demonstrate effective “Integrity Value” by consistently acting courteously with customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Demonstrate “Intensity Value” by working diligently and effectively with fellow team members.
- Computer proficiency with emphasis on MS Office and mainframe applications.
- Vessel Stowage Systems if any knowledge of vessel stability.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good team player.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply