Resource Intermediaries Limited is a company registered in Nigeria to engage in outsourcing services. The conceptual definition of the company is “easing business burdens”, which is the fundamental reason for our existence. In living this definition, we focus on three key areas; Human Resource Recruitment & Management, Janitorial Services and Business Support Services (Legal and Company Secretarial Services, Information Technology and Finance & Accounting).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Telecommunication Project Engineer
Job type: Full-Time
- The ideal candidate is to solve problems, assess situations and apply solutions using their knowledge of telecommunications.
- The person should understand how telecommunications systems – including voice, data, radio, fiber optics and waves – work and are equipped to handle disruptions of service and come up with solutions to deal with problems as they may arisen
- Must be able to design and create telecommunications systems.
- The position provides subject matter expert input with respect to the development and delivery of new Field Telecom infrastructure for Capital Projects and non-Capital projects.
- Principal Accountabilities Field Telecom Project Engineer:
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions that meet business requirements.
- Design and Plan Telecom solutions by developing technical and functional specifications for tender input and evaluate vendor bids.
- Participate in issue escalation processes as required by the project team.
- Ensuring that Health, Safety, Security, Environment and IRM requirements are included in supplier contracts.
- Specify Acceptance Test and Acceptance Criteria to ensure supplier deliverables are in line with business requirements.
- Support Transition to Support activities and ensure that gaps identified have return to green plans for closure.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent work experience.
- Telecoms Industry knowledge with experience in Networks, Communications, Testing and Commissioning especially non-traditional telecoms.
- Project Delivery methodology for managing Capital Projects in Oil and Gas (eg. Opportunity Realization Process (ORP), DCAF process and Project Standards).
- Service Management processes (Support Models, Service Level Management, Contract Management and Supplier Management).
- Consistently delivers results in a matrix, global virtualized organization
- Proven delivery track record
- Project Management certification like PMP, PMI, Prince2 is preferred.
- Upstream / Downstream IT infrastructure and telecom solutions (eg. Process Control/SCADA).
- Regulatory environment; industry and technical standards.
- Contracting & procurement processes in Projects (prequalification, invitation to tender and award stages).
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- A high degree of technical network knowledge on traditional (IP) networks and systems as well as non-traditional telecom solutions such as Satellite, Optical/Radio links, Wireless Canopy, Radio (DMR/Tetra), Microwave, Fiber Optics, Marine and Aeronautical, Sub-marine Fiber and Access Security/CCTV.
- Knowledge of project delivery for Oil and Gas and their assurance processes.
- Understanding of general engineering and standards for telecom systems in Oil and Gas industry.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience designing and engineering telecom systems in previous roles, including experience in managing telecom requirements (design and operational) for local site facilities like towers/power/cooling/buried and aerial cable installation.
- Experience in keeping technical oversight in Operations or Projects in previous roles, eg. IT project manager, telecoms discipline / design engineer, infrastructure / telecoms lead in a Capital Project in Oil and Gas is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th April, 2016.