Konga.com is Nigeria’s largest online marketplace. We launched in July 2012 and our mission is to become the engine of ecommerce and trade in Africa.
We serve an ever expanding customer base, offering products that span various categories including Phones, Computers, Clothing, Shoes, Home Appliances, Books, Healthcare, Baby Products, personal care and much more.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Technology Operations Centre (TOC) Engineer Vacancy at Konga
Job Position: Technology Operations Centre (TOC) Engineer
Job Ref: 150729-1
Business Unit: Konga
Reporting Line: TOC Engineering Lead
- TOC is responsible for user support across all Konga office sites.
- These include incident and problem analysis, diagnose and on time resolution of staff reported IT problems ranging from day to day run of the mill issues, to issues that would require deep thinking and team work.
- Throw in 24/7 monitoring for internal application, escalating issues, building relationships across internal Konga teams, and external vendors, the TOC team is central to Konga’s vision, and the wellbeing of its customers.
- The TOC team provides an excellent, efficient and comprehensive IT technical support to all of Konga’s internal and external customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement activities that support parts of Konga’s technology vision and work function. It will include responsibilities in the area of technology operations, and site operations.
- Support the deployment, operation and execution of plans on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Troubleshoot basic network related issues i.e. DNS and TCP/IP issues
- Take ownership of user reported problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service
- for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training when required.
- Add to and maintains Known Error Database (KEDB) to enhance quality of problem resolutions
- Prepare accurate documentation for TOC knowledge-base.
- Coordinate cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks
- Provide comprehensive 1st and 2nd level IT technical support to all internal users and escalation to appropriate team members over a 24/7 shift rotation.
- Collaborate with and provide IT technical advice to internal customers on active projects.
- Monitoring multiple Cloud Applications and Internal Systems.
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries.
- Ensure the end-to-end customer experience and provides a single point-of-contact for the customer
- Interact with team members and peers to provide insight into related assigned tasks.
- Assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Skills & Competencies
- Service Center Mentality – maintain customer service focus while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent internal (team) and external (customer) communication skills.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience providing 1st level IT Application and Infrastructure Service Desk support.
- Ability to investigate and analyse the root cause of the customers’ technical issues and provide a solution.
- A commitment to delivering customer excellence combined with clear (ability to explain IT technical issues in layman terms) and professional communication skills.
- Able to prioritize, be flexible and handle multiple projects with varying deadlines in a multi-task environment.
- Extraordinary organizational skills and the ability to follow up on tasks
- High standards of personal integrity
- Team player that has the ability to work well in a collaborative, team oriented environment, work hard and have fun
- Familiar with ITIL Processes including Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management
- Outstanding follow-through and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office, Google Apps, and other common business applications.
- Experience supporting end users via remote support.
- Familiarity with Windows 7/ 8, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- The ability to constantly adapt to a fast paced, ever changing technology landscape filled with smart phones, virtual desktops, and a wide array of desktop computing hardware/software.
- Demonstrates ability and desire to learn and passionate about all things IT
- Basic Active Directory/Windows Server knowledge – Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc
- In depth technical skills and understanding of Web Technologies (i.e. Java Script, HTML, CSS, PHP), web protocols , FTP/SFTP file management, DNS, HTTP, SSL,basic knowledge of SQL
- Documentation skills such as process flow diagrams and training material
- Experience working with a CMDB, CI Relationships, Discovery and Configuration Management a plus
- Experience working with a Service Management tool such as JIRA Service Desk or Salesforce is a plus
- Superior attention to detail, and an eye for total quality assurance.
- One (1) year prior technical (IT) exposure/experience is essential, preferably in an operational environment.
- Experience working in an Agile or DevOps environment
- Familiarity with working on an IT Service Desk with its fast changing, priority-shifting, time focused and sometimes pressurised environment.
- Experience supporting software applications ideally e-Commerce software solutions.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field.
- ITIL V3 Foundation.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
5th August, 2015.