Coffey Tetra Tech are global leaders in International Development and Energy Reform, with 400 offices worldwide, and 250+ projects in 100+ countries.
Our strong portfolio of renewable energy projects includes among others, USAID funded Power Africa Transactions and Reform Programme (PATRP) which provides technical assistance, capacity building, regulatory and policy reform, and institutional strengthening under the Power Africa Initiative to 14 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa. Other active projects are USAID Clean Energy programmes in Central America, Mexico and Indonesia. In addition, we manage the DFID-funded GSMA Mobile 4 Development Utilities Innovation Fund which supports innovative business models that use mobile technology and infrastructure (including pay-as-you-go solar home systems) to improve energy access to the under-served in Africa and Asia.
Job Title: Techncial Experts
Scope of Work
Coffey Tetra Tech is looking to expand its portfolio and strong sector learnings with an anticipated DFID tender. This 4-year programme will aim to improve energy access for the under-served in 14 sub-Saharan Africa countries through a market-based approach for private sector delivery of solar home systems (SHS). The focus will be on improving the enabling environment (policy and regulatory reform) in the target countries, providing technical assistance to early-stage enterprises developing solar home systems and products, and implementing a competitive business facility. We are currently looking for experts (mid- and senior-level) to join our team for this exciting opportunity.
Required Technical Expertise
Candidates must have technical expertise in at least one of the following:
Renewable Energy Sector
10+ years of experience in the renewable energy sector; specialised in off-grid and mini-grid solar energy; solar home systems; pay-as-you-go business models; improving energy access and affordability for the poor.
TA to Regulatory Framework and Business Environment
10+ years of experience in enabling environment; technical assistance to governments to put in place policy and regulatory reform to improve private sector investment in off-grid energy access; fiscal and tax barriers systems.
10+ years of experience in knowledge management; generating and disseminating knowledge to a broad range of audiences; and translating learnings into policy reform.
TA to Early Stage Enterprises
10+ years of experience providing technical assistance to early stage enterprises aiming to enter markets; market analysis; facilitating access to finance; support early commercialisation and the development of products and services; support to women owned and operated enterprises.
Competitive Business Facility Management
10+ years of experience designing, setting-up and managing innovative competitive business facilities or challenge funds.
- Proven experience of delivering results on large, multi-year and multi-country donor funded programmes
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal, diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Experience of supporting government reform
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability of coordinating between different interventions and donor initiatives
- Substantial experience working in sub-Saharan Africa within the renewable energy sector
- Track record of facilitating relationships and partnerships between public and private sector actors
- Master’s degree or higher in the relevant field of technical expertise
- Based in, or willing to relocate to East-, Southern or West-Africa
- Working knowledge of DFID’s approaches to market-based development of renewable energy
- Strong networks/relationships in relevant governments, and demonstrated experience in being able to influence decision makers
- Proficiency in relevant regional languages (besides English)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline 28th August, 2016