MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa’s leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and qualified candidates to fill the Team Lead, Credit Performance & Review Vacancy at MTN Nigeria
Job Position: Team Lead, Credit Performance & Review
- Monitor timeliness of credit customers’ payment obligations
- Supervise the usage/turnover of approved credit limits
- Review systems for prompt suspension and blocking of defaulting credit customers
- Ensure timely performance appraisal is conducted for all credit customers
- Ensure sanctions are carried out against defaulting credit customers
- Ensure that credit customers’ limits are reviewed and reallocated periodically in line with the Credit
- Management Policy
- Prepare agreed activity and performance reports (credit reports and reviews) on a timely basis for informed decision making.
- Review Outstanding Receivables and Credit Limit Review report
Prepare Management Credit Committee report and other ad hoc reports as required.
- Provide input in the development and review of credit management policies and procedures
- Adherence to and development of policies, procedures, processes and other operational level agreements with SBUs.
- Closure of incidents, operational and system gaps to prevent losses to the organization.
- Stimulate revenue growth through credit product development and collaboration with SBUs.
- Provide monthly business wide credit portfolio report.
- Ensure timely generation of exception report and escalation to relevant SBU for resolution.
- Ensure adequate and acceptable collateral is in place for Trade Partners credit facilities.
- Standard MTN working conditions
- May work extended hours
- Minimum 4 years with experience in lending, loan performance review, audit, risk and/or compliance or risk consulting.
- Accounting/Book Keeping experience with good knowledge and use of MS Office
- MS Excel Fundamentals
- Performance Analysis Techniques
- Basic GSM
- Accounting/Book Keeping Skill
- Minimum qualification BA, BEd, BSc, HND or BTech
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online