Oakland International School – Our School, a British Curriculum Early Years and Primary school requires the services of certified and experienced candidates for September 2016, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Key Stage 1 & 2 Teacher
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- The teachers must be able to design and teach a creative and refreshing curriculum for the school based on the QCA requirements.
- The teachers must encourage a culture of life-long learning in the pupils, ensuring they are eager to learn and independent in their thinking and quest for knowledge.
- The teachers must be able to prepare pupils for life by ensuring teaching and learning are linked to real life experiences.
- The teachers must have high standards and lessons must be interactive and must have cross-curricular links to other subjects.
- Teachers must be able to motivate learners and ensure all pupils are working at their highest potential.
- Teachers must be able to make lessons interactive and fun.
- Teachers must be able to plan, make good use of available resources and execute excellent lessons.
- Must be disciplined and have good classroom control.
- Teachers must have effective strategies for supporting all learners and ensuring learning is effective and efficient.
- The teachers must be able to work with little supervision and bring a lot of creativity on board.
- The teachers must have a good working knowledge of the British Curriculum and how children learn.
- Teachers must know how to make good use of technology to deliver interesting lessons with measurable results.
- The candidate must have original copies of their certificates as evidence of having completed their course of study.
- The candidate must have at least 3 years teaching experience in a British Curriculum School.
- The candidate must have the minimum academic qualification of a B. Ed or a PGDE from a reputable institution.
- Teachers who have excellent Managerial skills serving as Middle Managers/ Key Stage Coordinators /Departmental Heads and other skills are highly encouraged to apply and state this clearly as it is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications including the applicants Curriculum vitae to the Head Teacher via either of these 2 addresses:
Oakland International School,
3 Volta Street,
Via email to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 8th May, 2016.