GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Associate
Job Number: 2618965
Business: GE Corporate
Business Segment: Corporate Finance & Operating Components
- The Tax Associate will work within the Tax team in Sub Saharan Africa to drive Tax compliance in Nigeria
- Has responsibility in all aspects of domestic transaction compliance in Nigeria.
- Prepares various Federal and state income tax returns for monthly, quarterly and annual filings
- Interprets and complies with state, local and federal regulations and legislations
- Researches tax issues related to business transactions
- Keeps abreast of current developments in Nigerian tax space
- Assists in financial and tax analyses
- Consistently demonstrates teamwork dynamics by working as a team member; understanding individual and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; and proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback
- Prepares for, and assist with tax audits tax audits and supports tax audit resolution
- Assists with reconciliation of transaction tax to other records
- Works with finance personnel to record tax consequences consistent with assumptions underlying tax planning and compliance initiatives
- Strong academic credentials from accredited Nigerian University with focus on taxation
- Synthesizes complex and diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs procedures.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reasons even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decision; includes appropriate people in decision-making process
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or any related degrees
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- PC proficiency
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply