Diageo is the name behind many of the World’s best loved drinks including Guinness, Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Baileys, Malta Guinness, J&B, Gordons Gin and Tanqueray.
Africa Regional Markets (ARM) is a Diageo business made up of over 40 markets across the breadth of Africa. The business models range from fully integrated demand and supply businesses in Ghana and Cameroun, newly integrated businesses in Ethiopia and Mozambique to Partnerships in a number of West, Central and Southern African countries and Angola.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Tax and Payroll Manager Job Opportunity at Diageo
Job Position: Tax and Payroll Manager
- The Tax and Payroll Manager will functions as an internal tax administrator/insurance specialist /Adviser to the business.
- Ensure the development, update of the company’s tax and otherrelated policies and guidelines
- Manage scheduling, payment and returns of State and Federal Government Taxes
- Ensure provision of insurance cover for the company’s assets
- Ensure all payroll transactions are delivered promptly, accurately and completely.
- Diageo, statutory and management Tax Reporting.
- Ensure Controls around Accounting for taxation meets a minimum of ‘satisfactory’ CARM rating.
a) Market Complexity
- The Tax and Payroll Manager is required to play a significant leadership role within RTR team to ensure that the functional/ business agenda are closely aligned.
- Ensures timely, accurate and relevant financial information are reported to management and Diageo. Also ensures the company complies with the statutory reporting requirements.
- He is responsible for implementing all CARM controls effectively and efficiently in all areas under his control as highlighted above.
b) Leadership and Functional Capabilities
Tax & Insurance Management:
- Prompt payment of all taxes due to the state and federal government.
- Ensure all tax related risks are captured in the tax risk matrix and circulated to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure prompt completion of tax Magnitude Validation Model in conjunction with tax consultants.
- Manage relationship with tax consultants to ensure company tax objectives are delivered to time and in line with appropriate legislation
- Satisfactory compliance with tax controls as required by CARM.
- All tax queries and correspondences are responded to and appropriate steps taken to avoid penalties due to non-compliance.
- Ensure all relevant aspects of local tax legislation are fully embedded in the company’s tax declaration and continuously monitor compliance of same.
- Steer, advise and support the company’s financials from tax perspectives.
- Prompt monthly reconciliation of tax related accounts
- Oversee the risk management process and ensure adequate insurance cover for the company’s assets
- Manage relationships with Insurance Brokers to optimize value from our policies
- Ensure compliance with local insurance legislation
- Negotiate the company to a position of strength on all insurance policies
- Ensure prompt reporting and processing of claims
- Develop and document insurance policy & procedures
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate caliber plus membership of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria with relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years experience with proven integrity.
- Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge in accounting package-SAP (All modules).
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online