Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Sales
Level of Experience: Experienced – Non Manager
Requisition #: R985282
SYSTEM ENGINEER-Commercial & Partner Led
For years, Cisco’s vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we’re entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we’ll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It’s where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey
System Engineer – Commercial & Partner Led
Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Executive team in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions, setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
The candidate will have access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications focused in the Enterprise & Partner Led market segment.
This role is heavily focused on challenging customer paradigms and building architectural solutions to solve critical customer business needs.
Candidates should possess a deep understanding of Cisco’s suite of products, solutions and go to market strategy.
In additional to technological aptitude, the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate’s interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence – including:
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support for assigned accounts.
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provide consultative support in their area of specialization.
- 3+ years-related experience. Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-Sales experience required.
- CCIE certification highly desirable.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. The ability to apply baseline SE skills to position Cisco products and solutions to solve technical and business problems.
2. Strong operating experience in one or more of the following area’s of specialization: Core Routing and Switching, Wireless Networking, Network Security, Optical Networking, (Voice & Video), Cloud & Data Center (Compute, Storage & Network, Virtualization). In-depth knowledge of Unified Communications/Collaboration (Voice/Video) systems and platforms.
3. Knowledge of competitive offerings in area of specialization with the ability to articulate Cisco’s competitive advantages.
4. Understands and conversant about Cisco, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Be able to translate knowledge into sales opportunities.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
6. Ability to work effectively as an added value team member and assume a leadership role within the team.
7. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills. Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources to drive business impact.
“At Cisco, we create a culture where everyone is welcome, valued, respected and heard; where our employees can contribute to their full potential in pursuit of Cisco’s vision and objectives. Through this culture of inclusion and diversity we help to create a great place to work for employees and an intense focus on our global customers and shareholders. From this we gain a better understanding of the world—and the differences in its people. We achieve more together and change the way we work, live, play, and learn.”
Job Type: Experienced
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here