Telvida is a specialist IT and telecommunication solution provider. We build on our knowledge and expertise in IT and Telecommunications technologies in the provision and management of specialist solutions.
We help clients plan, build, support and manage solutions to achieve their business communication goals; drawing on our experience in networking, security, storage and communication technologies and our unique skills in consulting, integration and managed services to create customised client solutions.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Support Engineer Vacancy at Telvida
Job Position: Support Engineer
What You’ll Do:
- You know good customer service when you get it and you know when service is not-so-good.
- If you have an affinity for great customer service and want to join a like-minded, tech-savvy group of people, you would feel right at home on the Telvida Technical Support team.
- You will also contribute to the product experience through resolving customer problems, educating users on Telvida functionality, building the documentation library and online resources, and developing datasources to provide new and improved product functionality.
- Update/create documentation for public-facing articles
- Support testing and deployment of internal system tools
- Receive and enter custom or new datasource development requests to the datasource queue
- Suggest ideas to scale support, to reduce incidents, increase self service, and reduce engineering involvement while increasing satisfaction.
- Share customer feedback and case studies with Marketing, as appropriate.
- Provide input on product refinements and additions.
- If you have that unique combination of customer services skills and a tech background (or even a genuine interest in technology and an aptitude to learn), this is likely the ideal career opportunity for you.
- Without a doubt, the Technical Support Engineer position is a pathway to expansion of your technical skills and knowledge – and that means preparing you for future roles within our fast-growing company. Here’s a look at the specifics:
- “Frontline” support for all incoming client issues — handle support chat, incoming emails and phone support
- This small team has built an awesome reputation for going above and beyond, and no question, their contribution helps power our customers’ happiness.
- Essentially, the Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is the front-line tech support contact for Telvida product users and a key contributor to Telvida customer experience.
- As the primary interface on incoming client support issues, you will log and own incoming support tickets from receipt to 100% resolution.
- Serve as liaison between client and internal development for all escalated product related issues, including product enhancements, bug resolution and overall product education
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in customer support or service.
- Experience in Linux/Windows/Network administration and operations desirable.
- Some basic understanding of scripting and ability to write basic scripts.
- Some experience with managing or administering server application/services, eg. LAMP stack, IIS, MySQL, MSSQL.
- Willing to work shifts from shifted days (Tuesday – Saturday; Sun. – Thursday) to shifted hours (12am to 9am; 7am to 4pm; 4pm to 1am).
Note: During the initial training period of 60-90 days, shift is M-F 8-5, after which point employee will work M-F 12am to 9am or 4pm to 1am. In approx Q1 2015, employee will move from M-F schedule to shifted day schedule (i.e. Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs).
- Efficiency – Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Initiative – Acts without being told what to do. Find answers to problems independently. Bring new ideas to the table
- Persistence – Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance for resolution.
- Team Player – Works well within a group environment.
- Professional – Represents Telvida at all times in a knowledgeable and professional manner
- Support Gene – Has the “support gene” with strong desire to help, listens well, and is a good communicator.
- Multi-tasking – Able to handle interruptions, changing priorities and multiple tasks in caTelvida and professional manner
- Organization – Plans, organizes, schedules in efficient manner. Focuses on key priorities
- Analytical Skills – Able to structure and process qualitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their resumes and cover letters to:[email protected] with subject as “Support Engineer”
- We’re not kidding about the cover letter.
- We need to hear your voice, your perspective on why this career opportunity is a good match for you.
- We are passionate about finding the right individual for each and every position, so thanks for taking the extra time to convey your message.
Application Closing Date
1st of June, 2015.