Tros Technologies offers IT consultancy and services such as software development and systems integration to various business segments across industries. Through excellent technical capabilities, the company delivers end-to-end technology-led business solutions to its clients. This enables the clients to not just to gain high efficiency levels in their respective business processes but also garner the much-needed competitive edge over peers in the market.
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
The IT Support Engineer is responsible for supporting and maintaining clients IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to all business users. The IT Support Engineer is also responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the outsourced IT services offered to the company’s various clients. The post holder will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to the IT Manager. The post holder is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
This role reports directly to the IT Manager.
- The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Manager
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Escalate IT issues to the IT Manager where necessary
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
- Completing internal user moves including phones and PABX configuration
- Patching of network and phones
- Making of Cat 5 e network cables were necessary
- Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Ensuring all software purchased licensing is recorded and maintained
- Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Providing support for MAC and PC
- Responsible for managing backups
- Provide desktop and server support
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Install authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops and laptops
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Fault-finding to laptops and desktops
- Prepare documents, meeting materials and correspondence
- Provide assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
- Ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers
- Perform basic administrative support duties as required to meet specific operational objectives
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the IT Manager
- Work extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
- Provide assistance as required to the IT Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Digital marketing experience will be an added advantage
- Proficient use of PC hardware and software (MS Office suite of applications).
- Proficient in the use of internet for communication and research.
- Minimum 4 years experience in an IT support environment.
- Experience in web programming
- Strong troubleshooting skills and extensive customer facing experience.
Interested applicants should forward their Cvs to [email protected]