Pernod Ricard is the world’s co-leader in wines and spirits with consolidated sales of € 7,945 million in 2013/14.
Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin & Sprit (2008).
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector: ABSOLUT Vodka, Ricard pastis, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, Kahlúa and Malibu liqueurs, G.H.Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes, as well as Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Graffigna wines.
Pernod Ricard employs a workforce of nearly 18 800 people and operates through a decentralised organisation, with 6 “Brand Companies” and 80 “Market Companies” established in each key market.
Pernod Ricard is strongly committed to a sustainable development policy and encourages responsible consumption.
Pernod Ricard’s strategy and ambition are based on 3 key values that guide its expansion: entrepreneurial spirit, mutual trust and a strong sense of ethics.
Supply Chain Manager
Responsible for delivering all aspects of Logistics and Supply Chain to PRN including strategy development, the provision of business solutions, service delivery and budget management. As part of procurement team, has input into the overall strategy and management of the company
JOB SCOPE AND CONTEXT:
Office based, with domestic and international travel.
1. Risk Management
A. Ability to identify and evaluate operational risks such as supply, quality (including food safety), safety, environment, security, regulatory compliance (including customs and excise), social and ethical (including reputation)…
B. Ability to design and implement appropriate risk-mitigation plan in compliance with internal and external standards and norms.
- Identifies and qualifies complex or inter-related risks and recommends recovery action plans
- Defines acceptable risk level, balancing between risk mitigation and business objectives in the context of the overall strategy
- Anticipates new regulations impacts and brings his/her expertise to support decision making for the business
- Identifies and spreads best practices in terms of risk management
2. Operations Performance Optimisation
A. Ability to maintain and develop operations performance by implementing performance assessment and continuous improvement systems.
- Designs performance measurement systems
- Implements long term improvement processes and monitors for the results
- Acts as an ambassador towards other functions, initiates and develops knowledge sharing with colleagues in his/her own area
3. Operations Planning Optimisation
A. Ability to develop, implement and improve business planning capabilities by understanding and challenging market demand and optimizing procurement, production and replenishment plans accordingly in order to meet demand.
- Models and articulates operational capacity
- Proposes and makes decisions on capital investments based on the long term plan
- Improve processes, methods systems planning optimization
- Defines target KPIs to ensure improved business planning capability
4. Process Management
A. Ability to implement and optimize production / process management to meet the planned customer service levels, the required quality standard, at the required cost.
- Implement actions plans and processes to drive improvement in KPIs
- Understands the full production process from start to finish and how they interact and impact on each other
- Able to implement new production processes and ways of working
- Is able to describe upstream & downstream production processes connected to his/her activity
- Ability to use a variety of more advanced problem solving tools & techniques
5. Logistics Optimisation
A. Ability to master stock management, related infrastructure and goods transfer processes taking into account planning, quality demands, planned quantities and costs constraints.
- Creates a logistics strategy for Nigeria
- Seeks, recommends and manages the optimization of supply chain techniques, processes and tools
- Proposes improvement opportunities (e.g., transportation tender, warehouse outsourcing…)
- Optimizes the Logistics footprint taking into account cost-to-serve and inventory policy and customer service and environment
- Lead the full S&OP process internally and external to optimise inventory to meet business objectives.
- Challenges the organization to optimize sku portfolio range and depth
A. Ability to manage the whole procurement cycle from business needs identification to suppliers relationship management
- Implements defined purchasing strategy and analyses all information in order to suggest improvements
- Adds value to business through business opportunities identification and selection of best vendors sources
- Manages suppliers and optimizes their performance by ensuring agreements’ application
- Masters negotiation techniques (including influencing, compromise, win-win orientation…) and advises his/her team on this matter
- Ensures continuity of supply (BCM, capacity, security, risk…)
- Identifies and balances stakeholders‘ needs to deliver best result to the business
7. Customer Service & Quality Orientation
A. Ability to place service and quality at the heart of the business, making sure customer satisfaction is optimum (available product at the right time, in the right place, at the right quality and the right cost).
- Consistently places service and quality at the heart of decision making
- Matches the customer expectations with the organization and the strategy, ensures plant capabilities are in line with customers’ requirements
- Challenges the organization to anticipate customer and market future evolutions
- Broadly spreads service and quality orientation culture within operations teams promoting the right behaviours (integrity, flexibility)
8. Project & Change Management
A. Ability to lead change to ensure new solutions are evaluated, adopted and implemented (through alignment of business strategy, culture, structure, processes, people, and the implementation of projects).
- Identifies and masters a wide range of projects/change management methodologies (organize & lead teams, scheduling)
- Anticipates changes that impact Operations processes
- Evaluates the operations’ environment and recommends appropriate change action plans
- Leads projects/change management initiatives at company level and/or cross-functional level
- Ensures with the stakeholders that the expected results are achieved and adapts/realigns if necessary
- Acts as an ambassador for change (adapts his/herself, remains positive, reduces resistance to change, resolves conflicts, etc) towards other functions
9. Relationship Building and Communication
A. Ability to communicate effectively and build beneficial relationship with key stakeholders, through strong interpersonal skills.
- Is a role model of professional behaviour (such as honesty, cultural sensitivity)
- Acts as a catalyst of relationship building (internal and external)
- Possesses strong influencing skills
- Masters different communication techniques
- Develops a network of influential contacts (e.g., academic bodies, government, professional organizations, other companies)
Employee Management & Motivation within Department
10. Talented staff recruited, developed, managed and motivated
A. Recruit talented employees
- Structure and resourcing levels evaluated
- Job descriptions relevant and up to date
- Vacancies filled in line with policies, equity targets, headcount and budget
- Suitably qualified employment equity candidates given preference
- Succession plans in place
B. Develop employees
- Suitable development opportunities and training identified
- Development plans implemented
- Employees coached and employment equity candidates developed
- Knowledge and training is applied
- Promotions recommended where appropriate
C. Manage performance
- PR vision and values shared
- Expectations and objectives clearly communicated
- Performance monitored through review meetings held at least every six month
- Feedback on performance provided
- Salary increases proposed
This job description is a broad reflection of the role and does not attempt to capture all specifics of the position.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Relevant degree in Supply Chain Management or related field.
- 9 years Supply Chain experience in a commercial environment preferably with hands-on experience in demand planning, procurement and process management.
- Defines the future state vision, identifying opportunities to create long-term value or drive improvement, and shares the vision convincingly to inspire change
- Proactively takes initiative, bold steps and calculated risks to develop the business while assuming responsibility for decisions
- Delivers results and empowers others by setting clear objectives, providing adequate resources and feedback, and ensuring focus on results achievement
Live the Values
- Embodies and enthusiastically conveys Pernod Ricard key values, with adherence to ethics and a strong commitment to CSR initiatives
- Develops individual talent by providing ongoing feedback and creating individual development plans to enable people to reach their full potential
- Builds and leads high performing teams by encouraging collaboration and ensuring alignment with the shared vision
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on the link below to apply