CAMRIS International is a growing international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
JOB TITLE: Statistician and Data Analyst
Founded in 2013, Partners for Global Research and Development Group, LLC (PGRDG), is an 8(a) certified small business that specializes in the provision of services in international development, monitoring and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and medical research. Built upon formal Small Business Administration (SBA) and USAID-approved mentor-protégé agreements, PGRDG is an SBA-approved joint venture that supports three USAID contracts around the globe.
PGRDG uses evidence-based methods in evaluation, capacity building, gender, and policy development to achieve results in public health, governance, and natural resource management for our clients. Adept at identifying and recruiting exceptional talent to field assignments in the United States and abroad, PGRDG maintains a database of subject matter experts whose breadth of technical expertise has supported USAID-funded activities on five continents. PGRDG’s expert staff and consultants include experienced local partners providing maximum knowledge and responsiveness to local issues and cultural considerations.
CAMRIS International, a member of PGRDG, seeks a qualified Statistician and Data Analyst candidate for an upcoming multi-year USAID-funded contract for conducting Mission wide monitoring and evaluation services in Nigeria. The position is contingent upon funding from USAID.
The purpose of the contract is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services to improve development effectiveness. The intention is to enhance the Mission’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning capability and to ensure empirical evidence for programming, learning and adapting.
The Statistician and Data Analyst will:
- Assist in the design and implementation of surveys, impact evaluations and other complex research studies.
- Manage data entry and cleaning.
- Perform data analysis, including inferential statistical analysis, such as regression analysis, Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), and other analyses as appropriate to the data.
- Produce reports and data visualizations that effectively communicates quantitative findings and conclusions.
- Provide training and capacity development to USAID/Nigeria and USAID implementing partner staff on a range of topics including statistical methods, data analysis and data reporting systems.
- Maintain the USAID Performance Reporting System and U.S. Government District Health Information System (DHIS2).
- Advanced degree in the field of statistics, or a related field that includes substantial quantitative methods training.
- Minimum of seven years of experience with quantitative data collection, data cleaning, statistical analysis, and reporting on complex data.
- Deep experience with common quantitative data analysis software such as SPSS, or Stata.
- Experience with qualitative analysis software such as NVivo and ATLAS-ti preferred.
- Experience with USAID/Nigeria and USG performance monitoring and reporting systems is highly desired.
- Familiarity with USAID/Nigeria’s programming strategy a plus
- Experience developing and facilitating training and capacity building activities on database and IT trainings and capacity development activities required.
- Strong skills in producing data visualizations from complex statistical analyses is desired.
- Knowledge of technological innovations when conducting data collection such as tablets, smartphones, evaluation-related software applications, etc.
- Prior research and evaluation experience in Nigeria is required.
- Professional fluency in English. Professional working proficiency in Hausa preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply