MSH, a Non-Governmental Organisation with head office in Boston USA, has been in existence for over 40 years implementing projects and programs in over 40 countries across the globe.
In Nigeria, MSH implements several projects including the Leadership, Management and Sustainability project. United States Agency for International Development (USAID) recently modified MSH ProACT project which is a United State Government (USG) rationalization initiative in support of the Government of Nigeria to effectively and efficiently prevent and control HIV/AIDS in the country. Across project foci states, MSH currently supports HIV counselling and Testing, PMTCT, Adult and Paediatric ART, TB/HIV and OVC in 41 comprehensive care and treatment health facilities in Nigeria.
Job Title: State Team Lead (STL)
- The STL will coordinate the MSH interventions in Akwa Ibom state and represent the MSH PLAN-Health project in the state. S/he will be responsible for monthly work plans for Akwa Ibom in coordination with the Abuja-based teams and with Akwa Ibom partners.
- Participate in key stakeholder meetings in Akwa ibom and represent MSH in forums with clients, donors and other key health sector stakeholders in the state
- Provide monthly written reports of the current state of programming
- The STL also serves as a resource for identifying best practices, lessons learned, and innovative approaches to institutional capacity building, and for disseminating this information both internally and externally.
- Becomes conversant with PLAN-Health tools and approaches
- Establishes regular communications with the Abuja-based team
- The STL will exercise impeccable professional ethics, and will be aware of and adhere to MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Professional advanced degree in public health or social sciences is required.
- Five years of experience in public health in any southern part of Nigeria. Preference to candidates who have work experience in Akwa Ibom and fluent the local language.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, hands-on supervisory, written and oral communication, decision making, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with senior colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID, CAs, and donor organizations.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experience, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Familiarity with and understanding of USAID regulations and administrative procedures.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Fluency in English required.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply