The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication (CCP) and Health Communication Capactiy Collaborative (HC3) Nigeria Malaria Project seeks five Monitoring and Evaluation Officers.
These positions will support the overall data management system of the country office by conducting data collection, entry and cleaning, and providing technical support for research activities. The incumbents will maintain regular communication with state-level partners and volunteers to offer data-required support.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officers will also enter and clean state-level activity data, monitor paper flow of data collection forms and check for data accuracy.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the State Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Recruitment at Health Communication Capactiy Collaborative (HC3)
Job Position: State Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
There are five full-time staff positions available, based in Birnin Kebbi, Gusau, Lafia, Makurdi and Uyo. Candidates may apply to only one state and must specify to which state they are applying in their application (directions below). Positions are available immediately.
- Perform data entry and cleaning, and assist in the management of quantitative data sets.
- Participate in the development of work plans and budget for project M&E activities
- Contribute to the preparation of tables, charts and figures for internal and external publications
- Contribute to the preparation of literature searches and bibliographies
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Support the RM&E Senior Technical Advisor in program monitoring and evaluation tasks, including the implementation of M&E systems (data collection, paper flow management, data management and results reporting)
- Participate in the training of staff/partners and consultants in M&E data collection and processing
- Carry out other tasks to support HC3 M&E efforts
Requirements for the position include:
- HND or bachelors degree with at least 3 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation of health programs
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Ability and willingness to travel as required within and between project states
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
- Ability to work legally in Nigeria
- Experience with database management a plus
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Working knowledge of data processing computer packages (e.g. Epilnfo, Epidata)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to verbally communicate in at least one Nigerian language
- Well-organized, with abilityto track multiple projects and deadlines
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified qualified candidates should Send one document – Cover letter and CV ONLY by Thursday September 8, 2015 at 5 pm Abuja time to: [email protected]
The document should be a cover letter first, with bullet points in bold on how the candidate meets the minimum qualifications. Following the cover letter, in the same document, should be the candidates CV. Candidates should specify to which state they are applying in their cover letter. Resumes should include references, as well as a list of languages in which the candidate is proficient. Candidate should indicate their level of proficiency for each language (noting 2 if limited working proficiency, 3 if general professional proficiency, 4 if advanced professional proficiency, and 5 for functional native proficiency).
Do NOT send any other documents or attachments. Please note, any applications submitted with certificates, transcripts etc. will be immediately discarded. Do NOT send links to online resumes or CVs. Any applications submitted with a link to an online resume or CV will be immediately discarded.
Candidates should indicate to which state they are applying as the first word in their email title followed by the words “Application for HO State Monitoring and Evaluation Officer”, For example, if a candidate were applying to the Uyo-based position, the subject line for your submission MUST read: “UYO Application for HC3 State Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” any emails without this exact subject line format will be immediately discarded. Only final candidates will be contacted for further engagement