Marie Stopes International (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning, reproductive and sexual healthcare and allied services. MSION goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of family planning and other reproductive health services. With funding from USAID, Marie Stopes International in Nigeria (MSION) aims to assist the GoN in achieving its family planning objectives by , with capacity development to facilitate the provision of a range of affordable, high quality, comprehensive family planning services in the public healthcare sector through the USAID funded Family Health plus project(FH+) that aims to strengthen the overall health system, build provider capacity to deliver quality services, and empower users to demand quality FP and improve their access to long-acting family planning in 20 States in Nigeria.
State Clinical Trainer
- Location: Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, Taraba
The core responsibility of this post is to use your: ￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation ￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSION’s partnership mission of: empowering individuals to have children by choice not chance
Role Description and Conditions
Title: State Clinical Training Officer (SCT)
Location:Imo State, Delta State, Bayelsa State and Taraba State
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Duration of contract:
Probationary period: 6 months
The FH+ project will over the project period target capacity building of 2000 public sector providers in 20 states(100/State) of the federation to provide long acting reversible contraception (LARCs) so that women in these states have easy access to options of high quality family planning services.
Facility Identification, Recruitment, Provider Training and Mentoring
- Implement MSION clinical training policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals;
- Conduct mapping and facility audit to be recruited and include in scaling up access to LARC
- Work proactively and responsibly to ensure recruited facilities and providers undergo the theoretical and practical training in line with MSION Standards;
- Participate in planning, oversee training, prepares both physical and financial report following completion of the trainings etc.
- Ensures FH+ Programme is implemented according to the approved donor agreements and interest of MSION at all times;
- Support preparation monthly state plan of operation based on the FH+ operational Plan
Supply, Referral Systems and Networking
- Distribution of supplies, commodities and manage training supplies, in line with the medical supply distribution guideline.
- Ensure the availability of documentation, reporting, referral formats, guidelines, manuals and job aids used by facilities in adequate quantity and track referral linkages of service utilization;
- Facilitate, follow up and support facility referral and reporting of incidents related to FP services;
- Facilitate liaison of facilities with other institutions (CBOs, NGOs, INGOs and Government) for demand generation, training practicum, linking and learning
Monitoring, Supportive Supervision and Reporting
- Conducts monthly or bi-monthly supportive supervision, coaching and mentoring of providers;
- Support facilities in clinical documentation, record keeping and ensures timely submission of reports.
- Support preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly facility performance reports on training and quality assessment activities of FH+ operation in assigned state;
- Ensure facilities maintain and comply with quality across all areas of FH+ Operation in line with established standards set by government of Nigeria.
- Lead reviews meetings aimed at performance improvement based on supportive supervision, mentoring and quality assessments findings using best practise at state level
- Documents best practices and /lessons learned from MSION’s FH+ project.
External Relations and liaison
- Support development and maintenance of excellent relationships with government (SMoH), partners and other public institutions in the state with a view to strengthening MSN’s impact and future funding opportunities at field level.
- Liaise with service delivery (Outreach, Clinic), sales and social franchise teams and other partners to ensure projects are integrated at all levels.
- Ensure strong links between communication and community mobilization activities, at the systems level.
- Any other duty assigned by line manager
Qualifications, Capabilities/Skills and Experience
- A Registered nurse or Midwife or other related areas in Medical sciences
- Familiarity with the different cultural, social and religious identities in Nigeria, international health, development issues and the international donor community
- Excellent communications, presentation, negotiation skills, Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Technical Expertise in long acting reversible contraception (LARCs) specifically IUD and Implants insertion and removal
- Certified clinical skills trainer
- Significant experience of providing competency based training and certification for providers (Nurses/Midwives and Doctors) in modern methods of family planning
- Experience of providing trainings for national and International NGOs in Nigeria (Experience of DfiD, USAID, Gates funded projects, including working in a diverse team environment preferred)
- Willingness to frequently travel to project implementation sites
- Familiarity with the different cultural, social and religious identities in Nigeria
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages
- Familiarity /Experience with geography of the intervention states is desired. Ability to drive a manual gear Toyota Hillux will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to[email protected] not later than Tuesday 25th August 2015.MSION is an equal opportunities employer.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE / LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.