Standard Chartered Bank – We’re a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets. We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 71 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Job Title: Relationship Manager, Business Banking – Lagos Island Region
- Manage and increase penetration of BB portfolio at assigned locations
- Market, sell and acquire BB clients through consultative approach and detailed understanding of customers’ business(es) and internal offerings to enhance revenues and profit
- Improve customer experience and service delivery to BB customers
- Portfolio focused more on borrowing and high revenue clients
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive deepening activities with high value/potential clients using full range of BB products and collaboration with specialists
- Directly work with customers to secure new business relationships through referrals and initiatives [MGM]
- The analysis of needs and provision of BB products and services.
- Understand client businesses to ensure needs are met via BB products & services by leveraging analytics backed next best conversations.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all customer interactions [monthly meetings expected].
- Maintain integrity of clients credit portfolio through effective monitoring, early action and remedial actions
- Liaise and provide leadership in areas of expertise, particularly in the provision of products and services to customers.
- May be requested to co-ordinate country or regional initiatives within BB team.
- Provide feedback to senior management, marketing and product management on customer’s needs and the efficiency of marketing strategies and tactics.
- DRIVING ASSET GROWTH IN THE PORTFOLIO AND LAGOS ISLAND REGION
Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to:-
Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS Internal
- Marketing on new and continuing initiatives
- Branch Manager on issues to BB customers
- Branch departmental, GTO & credit managers and staff for BB customers’ account opening, servicing and administration
- Product Development and Analytics – product review, development, implementation and analytics
- SBIM for scorecard / KPI discussions
- Sales support teams [WM, Treasury, Trade, Credit]
- CONTRIBUTES TO 1. Revenues and Footings of BB segment at country level.
- Image and reputation of the business and Bank.
- Customer experience and relationship stickiness
- AUTHORITIES As advised through written delegation
Qualifications And Skills
- Good first degree or requisite technical skills gained through professional associations and practical experience.
- >6 years experience.
- Good working knowledge of BB products & industry lending products.
COMPLEXITY/JUDGEMENT * Complexity in managing portfolio of customers balancing effort/reward.
FREEDOM OF DECISION
MAKING * Many day-to-day decisions regarding customers (not credit).
- Significant latitude in managing and prioritising workload.