Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Standard Chartered Bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer/Analyst
Job ID: 529351
Location: Victoria Island-Lagos
Job Function: Technology & Operations
Full/Part Time: Full time
- Process all foreign cheques received in line with the payment guidelines, ensuring compliance with operational procedures and regulatory controls.
- To ensure that all applicable pre-processing checks; signature verification, funds sufficiency checks, , AML and sanctions checks for inward collection, alteration properly signed off, irregularity checks under UV light, etc. are confirmed before processing of foreign cheques received.
- Daily review of FCY purchased accounts and timely follow-up with branches for debit posting to the account after 24hrs for which the instruments have not been received.
- Ensure all transactions are processed within agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Daily review of all open items on Nostro for credit relating to foreign cheques sent for collection and to ensure timely realization of such credits.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through Operational Efficiency and Service Delivery.
- Ensure weekly reports for reconciliation of ‘cheques not realized report’ on EBBS and investigation of outstanding items on ‘cheque purchase suspense account’ are prepared for review and sign-off by the manager.
- To ensure call-back verifications are performed before processing all foreign cheque transactions which fall within the established threshold limits in-country.
- Ensure that all foreign cheques received from branches are checked for apparent irregularities and mailed appropriately within prescribed timeline per DOI
- To communicate feedback on all enquiries to all necessary parties regularly.
- To have access to filenet and to scan signed off copies of tracers (MT202) to Checker for transfer to HUB for onward release to the correspondent or drawer’s bank as the case may be.
- Ensure all stock of cash letters and received foreign cheques are kept in fireproof cabinet at the end of every day.
- Print, record and dispatch LBC requests.
- Maintain record of all cheque movements
- Process stop draft requests in line with CMO guidelines, ensuring compliance with operational procedures and regulatory controls.
- Weekly review of daily CP and OBC register for any delayed receipt of cheque proceed and ensure tracers are sent to drawers’ banks for such delayed proceeds of cheques sent for collection over 21days.
- To receive and collate all inward messages received from other Banks, review with the International Payments Manager ensuring response to all messages.
- Investigate and respond to all complaints relating to foreign cheques and ensure quick resolution of such issues.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time by Head CMO.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply