Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We’re a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets. We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Standard Chartered Bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Services Officer
- To process transactions in a customer-focused manner and contribute to process efficiency and improved customer services.
- To ensure CDD quality assurance and AML measures are deployed in line with the group regulatory requirements.
- To maximize the benefits of the HUB/Spoke process.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
EMPLOYEE BANKING ACCOUNT OPENING REVIEW
- Undertake QA check on Employee Banking account opening.
- Communicate exceptions of the Employee Banking team and monitor regularization.
SYSTEM CHANGE AND SYSTEM FUNCTIONALITY MANAGEMENT
- Work the respective initiating teams on system change requirement.
- Analyse change and impact on system.
- Raise necessary requests i.e. CR, RMS, PT etc
- Work with the support team until change is implemented
- Review and validate change.
- Work the respective initiating teams on related projects.
- Work with the support team until completion of project.
- Ensure qualifying accounts provide SCUML certificate
- Place retractions on accounts without SCUML certificate AND lift on regularization
REFERENCE DATABASE MANAGEMNET
- Ensure daily update of metrics is captured on the account services reference tracker
- Ensure to update the reference database required to update the system
- Create users on e-reference portal
- Provide trainings and necessary support to the branches on the usage of the e-reference portal.
- Management of user’s movement across branches on e-reference portal.
- Attend to incoming e-reference within agreed industrial TAT.
- Calculate income earned and cost incurred on the portal.
- Review and send daily FIFI report to the business and the region.
- Liaise with the hub of FIFI and other related issues.
- Analyse and prepare FIFI monthly report and share same with the business, region and group.
Provide periodically for MIS REPORTS On Account Services functions for review by the various businesses.
THREE-TIERED KYC REPORT/MONITORING
- To monitor breaches as regards the 3 tiered KYC process
- To submit quarterly report to the regulars on the 3 Tiered KYC accounts
- Accounts due for flagging
- FIFI report
- Status of RMS/and projects
- SCUML weekly report
- Outstanding E-reference report
Ensure to remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the bank’s efforts of combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to identifying your customer, reporting suspicious transaction, safe guarding records.
Ensure all control gaps existing in key responsibilities stated above are closed and all existing control measures are adhered to.
Qualifications and Skills
- A university degree with a minimum of a second class degree
- A broad and in-depth knowledge of banking practices with relevant working experience in account opening unit
- Good inter-personal and management skills.
- Ability to manage the operation of computer systems – eBBS.
- Microsoft skills – Spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good organization skills
- A good working knowledge of risk management.
- Must be customer-oriented, as a primary responsibility is to ensure that the unit provides a high standard of customer service.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential