Standard Chartered Bank – We’re a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 71 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager – Acquistion, Business Banking, Abuja
Driving the implementation of the Regional Sales strategy to ensure growth of the region Business Clients book through innovative leadership of the region’s Business Clients Acquisition team.
Key Roles and ResponsibilitiesAML & CDD
Ensure that the Money Laundering requirements are followed as follows:-
a) Take all reasonable steps to verify and identify our customers
b) Retain adequate records of identification, account opening and transactions
c) Make prompt reports of suspicious transactions using the right internal channels
d) Raise awareness of Money Laundering prevention by training all staff/attending training sessions
Ensure that complete CDD and AML process is applied when selling , and opening the accounts,
Onboard NTB Business Clients
> Onboard NTB potential clients with multiple product needs (e.g. BIL, BOD, Comm. Mort/LAP, TWC, Transaction Banking, High value CASA and/ or complex KYC processes)
> Engage NTB clients via leads sourced from sources like Supplier & Buyer ecosystem, Alliances, Targeted lists and Branch catchment with full range of BC products; Also handle client-led requests via ATL/online pull
> Ensures that the applications meet the required standard.
> Perform Dectica AOC checks (where applicable) on applications submitted for review.
> Ensure the anomalies / errors / omissions are attended to before submitting the application to Loan Centre for further review / processing.
ResponsibilitiesProvide leadership to the Business Clients Acquisition team to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Prepare & set up
- Receive leads from leads management system – NTB from Ecosystem B2B Business Development (Buyers / Suppliers), BC Online/ BC Client Centre;
- Conduct research and preparation on client lead, and prepare bank proposition
- Prepare all documents (digital) required for account opening and pre-fill forms where possible
Sources of Leads
- Suppliers / Buyers ecosystem
- Paid referrals
- Targeted Business lists (Paid databases, Events based lists, catchment specific lists)
- ATL/ Online
- Call/meet, deep sell (in person)
- Call or meet in person (ensure Business Banking Team joins if high value client)
- Listen and determine further needs
- Communicate the proposition
- Acquire clients with anchor products
- Set up KYC needs with KYC centre
- Educate and conduct initial set up for online, ATMs, Client Centre, and Branch
- NTB: On-board, Activate and pass on (remote)
- On-board, activate as per the 90 day plan
- Prepare and pass on Client into interacting with the bank via Online, Client Centre, Branch and possibly Business Banking Team if high value client
- Ask for referrals
- 5 POLICIES AND GUIDELINES
To be familiar and comply with all relevant Group policies and local regulations in relation to all products.
Ensure that all anti-money laundering / Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) guidelines are adhered to.
ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING / KYC / CDD
Remain Alert To The Risk Of Money Laundering And Assist In The Bank’s Effort In Combating It By Adhering To The Key Principles In Relation To
- Identifying your customer,
- Knowing your customer,
- Reporting suspicions,
- Safeguarding records and
- Not disclosing suspicions to customers.
GROUP COMPLIANCE PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risks and compliance policies and Group Code of Conduct
Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning within stated timeframes
Proactive identification of risks and concerns, including escalation to all relevant stakeholders
Timely mitigation of risks and resolution of issues including collaboration with all relevant stakeholder functions, and establishment of effective controls.
- To participate and contribute in the upcoming projects of the department to ensure timely and smooth implementation
- KEY RELATIONSHIPS
(INTERNAL & EXTERNAL) Internal
- Senior Relationship Managers, RMs and peers in Retail Clients
- Senior Managers, SBIM, BOMs and BOOs of all levels in the Business Units.
- Group Internal Audit
- CONTRIBUTES TO
The overall success of Retail Banking Nigeria.
Qualifications And Skills
- Min of 5 years Sales experience in Business Banking/SME
- Good working knowledge of the bank’s operating systems.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Good working knowledge of the Bank’s products and services.
- Good PC skills.
- Understanding of businesses and financials
- Enhanced multi-product BC knowledge
- Market and competition knowledge
- Presentation and soft skills tailored to engaging
- business owners
- Closing deals
- Communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and objection handling
- Client training on digital solutions
- Understanding of BC KYC/CDD principles
Diversity and InclusionStandard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.