Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Specialist, FCC Controls
Job ID: 519935
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Function: compliance
Full/Part Time: Full time
- Perform investigations on Transaction Monitoring alerts in line with Group Standards and Procedures. Timely reviewing and closure of alerts with justifiable comments in Audit logs in line with Group Standards and Procedures.
- Assist the Head – FCC Controls on various projects assigned to the team from time to time.
- Identify suspicious client profiles (both individuals and entities) and initiate a review of suspicious transactions and any systems exception reports.
- Preparation of SAR reports and submission of SAR reports to the State Bank within defined TAT.
- Ensure timely escalation of all errors and issues highlighted during the investigation process.
- Rectify errors identified during the Quality Assurance Process.
- Assist the Head – FCC Controls in the development and implementation of corrective actions for identified error trends and issues.
- Perform investigation of CMR/GNS alerts to identify AML/CTF risks by applying risk based approach. Timely reviewing and closure of alerts with justifiable comments in Audit logs in line with Group Standards and Procedures.
- Preparation of alert disposition MI and dashboards that are presented in the FCC Committee and other Business Governance forums.
- Ensure that Transaction Monitoring alerts and name screening alerts are completed within time lines defined in the Group standards and there are no overdue alerts.
Knowledge Development and Information Management:
- Maintain accurate audit trails (documentation & electronic) for all alert investigations.
- In conjunction with the MI and Reporting function, contribute to the development of Information Management metrics and reports
- Knowledge of AML/CTF Policies and Procedures and the ability to interpret and apply them to actual situations.
- Timely reporting and escalation of significant / High Risk issues.
- Highlighting potential gaps with correct justification and in-depth analysis performed.
- Ensure active, responsive and effective stakeholder management both within FCC and with the broader Business areas.
- Collaborate with essential stakeholders to develop and deliver solutions to combat money laundering and financial crime.
- closely with the FCC Quality Assurance Team to ensure that the investigation process is implemented accurately and is delivering accurate outcomes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply