Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Teller
Job ID: 521380
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Job Function: Retail Banking
Job Type: Full time
- Branch Operations & Support
- Learn and understand all relevant regulations and internal Risk & Compliance policies and procedures
- Handle the following transactions and provide services according to the laid down procedures and standard of service:
- Cash transactions
- Fund transfer
- Customer inquiry
- Cheque collection
- Processing of Local and Telegraphic transfers
- Account maintenance
- Balance confirmation
- Customer Complaint handling
- Rate board update
- Cross Selling
- Internal & external reports
- Adherence to till limit of N100k and floor limit of N2mio
- Assist Branch Operations & Service Manager to ensure all Operational, Compliance, Control procedure and guideline are properly carried out and adhered to.
- Make effort to improve personal product knowledge and to acquire multi-products processing skill.
- Make effort to improve personal productivity and output level. To achieve established standard.
- Understand and follow carefully the Bank’s operational risk control standard underlying operating process and ensure the risks are minimized.
- Ensure timeliness of managing customer’s complaint.
- Comply with internal policies and external regulations and ensure all internal and external report to be submitted on time
- To comply with respective Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and be alert at all times to unusual or possibly suspicious customer activity, and should report any suspicious activity to the respective Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager as well as directly to the Country MLPO in urgent or exceptional circumstances.
- Build up good relationship with all internal and external customers.
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to: “Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to Customers”.
Risk Management – Operational Risk Policy:
- Ensure completion of all Leading Key Risk Indicators/ KRI’s / KCSA issues relating to the branch.
- Ensure understanding of the Group’s Risk Management Framework including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for branch sales and service related risk. Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Comply with processes/policies which will ensure that on-going operations are in order and which will result in superior delivery of services.
- awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
Processes – Operational Risk Monitoring:
- Ensures all Branch transactions comply with internal and external policy and regulations
- Outward clearing processing and control
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Lead the the branch team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in the branch,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications:
- First degree (minimum of a second class degree) in any higher institution
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply