Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria is a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Job Role: Head Segments and Products – FCC
* The Country Head of Segments and Products is to be the country subject matter expert on financial crime regulation and Regional policy to the business, and to escalate issues appropriately with the business at a portfolio level.
* Be accountable for implementing and maintaining the FCC management framework in the country business segments together with the country FCC Segments & Products team
* Establish a structure to deliver effective advice to the businesses and country FCC
* Assist in implementing the Sanctions/ ABC program in the country
* Provide client and product advice to the business based on subject matter expertise
* Ensure effective escalation within the businesses in the region
* Ensure that the Regional Policy is rolled out in the country and that country policies are adapted to local regulatory requirements
* Support efforts to position the Bank as an industry leader in the eyes of regulators and industry stakeholders
Leadership and Management
* Provide leadership and guidance to the Segments and Products FCC team
* Develop skilled resources within the Segments and Products FCC team who can contribute to the management of FCC
* Promote and embed a compliance culture throughout the Bank
Knowledge Development and Information Management
* Provide training to the business in terms of knowledge and mitigation measures for the various client segments and products to the business
* Ensure resources are equipped with the relevant skills and capabilities to execute their tasks diligently and proficiently
* Partner closely with the Regional FCC Head of Segments and Products and their teams, ensuring that country policies are in compliant with Regional standards, and dealing with country issues as they come up
* Ensure through engagement with business management that there is adequate support in the businesses for necessary FCC controls, including people and systems
* Support the business in managing regulatory relationships where FCC issues are a problem
Category Competency Proficiency Level
Execute Compliance Governance, Frameworks and Models Partner with the business to make decisions based on the knowledge and interpretation of current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information of financial crime Intermediate
Develop and implement financial crime compliance arrangements/frameworks (programs, policies and procedures) for bank and business lines Advanced
Develop and implement risk and Market Integrity methodologies Intermediate
Deliver effective FCC/Sanctions/AML/ABC training programs to meet the training needs of the business Advanced
Advise on how local culture might contribute to financial crime vulnerability Advanced
Advise on Sanctions / AML / ABC Analyse comprehensive regulatory impact of Sanctions matters on the bank’s business and its operations Intermediate
Analyse regulatory impact of AML/ABC matters on the business and its operations Intermediate
Advise business on compliance & regulatory matters relating to Sanctions/AML/ABC as well as financial services industry related practices Intermediate
Evaluate products, services, geographies and customer segments of the bank that might be vulnerable to Sanction/AML/ABC and regulatory risks Advanced
Manage and Mitigate Risks Implement and follow up on strong recommendations to address high risk situations (such as dropping a long standing client/product line/country) Advanced
Manage FCC Regulatory Relationships Participate in regulatory and supervisory meetings and consultations Intermediate
Partner with legal counsels for matters regarding individual liability and country Intermediate
Partner with regulators locally or globally Intermediate
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply