Standard Chartered Bank is a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Job Title: Product Sales Manager
To retain and grow existing transaction banking wallet (trade and cash business) and from clients under the commercial banking segment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Understanding of Client
- Deep understanding of clients’ operating environment including day to day transactional flows, cash investment needs, trading cycles, and operational banking requirements.
- Provide regular input to the relationship teams from day to day understanding of the clients’ operations
- Execute activities in line with sales pipeline policy.
- Build access at operating level in the client shop.
- Join relationship managers sales in client calling where necessary.
- Lead discussion around client servicing.
- Leverage the feedback from client operating level and bank MIS to generate potential sales opportunities.
- Provide pricing in line with Cash and Trade pricing policy for flow opportunities (e.g. operating accounts and trade finance.).
- Complete ownership to maintain and grow Cash and Trade booked flow revenue across assigned clients.
- Grow cash balances and volumes.
- Grow utilization on Trade limits.
- Proactive Trade book management.
- Monitor usage of channels.
- Manage documentation for transactions and post transaction monitoring & servicing
- Lead the execution of deals by tracking implementation through to revenue realization.
- Documentation process for Cash & Trade.
- Liaising with Operations and relationship teams on referrals.
- Internal approvals for pricing and ops
- Lead complex trade and cash sales pitches with clients
Client servicing support
- Ensure that any post sales service issues identified are managed appropriately by Service Management and/or other relevant departments.
- Adhere all Sales policies in the Country, conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement & culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal & external)
- Drive the Operational Risk framework implementation where applicable
- Build strong & deep relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- In conjunction with the unit head, proactively engage local and global business & functional partners and stakeholders to drive the TB Transactional Sales agenda and ensure alignment
- Promote the SCB brand and Group Code of Conduct – exemplify the values of the Group in all undertakings
Qualifications and Skills
- Deep knowledge of transaction products with a bias towards cash management
- More than 5 years experience in driving transaction banking
- Evidence of conscientious and client focussed behaviours.
- Cash & Trade product and structuring knowledge with a cash management bias
- Knowledge of risks associated with these products
- Knowledge of credit risk management
- Ability to effectively position the right Cash & Trade products in Client situations as evidenced in current role in Sales, Service or Product. Credit skills needed to manage limits
- Individual revenue and or product P&L delivery & service skills essential.
- Commercial Acumen with ability to ask for business.
- Attention to detail and timeliness in a high activity environment.
- Aptitude to manage individual revenue targets.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply