Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Marketing & Internal Communications Manager
Job ID: 510376
Job Function: Brand and Marketing
Full/Part Time: Full time
- Provide thought leadership, strategy and transformational insights to the strategic digital marketing function.
- Manage and co-ordinate all internet content, intranet sites and structure/design/issuing of internal e-newsletters
- Manage and co-ordinate all social media communications
- Responsible for online communications, social media channels management, campaigns and content strategy
- Develop, manage and drive the digital marketing agenda in the country.
- Effectively manage digital marketing budgets to yield the most optimum ROI.
- Manage and coordinate all the internal communications activities for the country, to ensure clarity and transparency
- Responsible for consistency of country internal communications with regional / Group themes
- Build profile of business and management team internally within the country, with a focus on ensuring employees at all levels have a clear understanding of strategy, business capabilities and achievements, thought leadership, management expertise, and community initiatives
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive digital marketing initiatives that will drive online acquisition, digital channel utilisation as well as brand awareness
- Drive and manage Paid, Owned and Earned media across Online/Mobile
- Drive the deployment of Always On Paid Media strategy
- Ownership of the Group Internal Communications policy in country.
- Lead and coordinate the internal communications strategies consistent with business strategy and directly supporting business operations and the achievement of business goals.
- Work with CEO closely to address the CEO message & communication effectively across the Bank.
- Understand the levers and drive the and drive the performance of Owned Media properties and optimize to drive business KPIs
- Understand and supervise SEO implementation and improvements to the site content, usability, design
- Drive implementation and tracking of Social Media campaigns and drive fan base across platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Work closely with the Group Brand and Marketing team to guide the strategic direction and leadership of internal and external corporate brand plans to ensure that the role of the corporate brand and values are fully understood.
- Develop and manage end to end Digital Marketing campaigns working closely with the Retail Products, Digital banking and Agencies;
- Understand and drive the deployment of Performance (CPA/CPL) model in Paid Media for Online Acquisition
- Ensure adherence to the desk operating instructions for the role
- Follow best practices to allow for solutions that are in line with the Digital marketing and Internal communications strategies globally and partner with COEs to ensure end-to-end alignment is in place
- Identify areas for process improvement and recommend areas to improve functional effectiveness and improve operational efficiencies
People and Talent:
- Develop talent pool and transfer knowledge for future growth and continuity
- Demonstrate shift towards anticipation of risk
- Active involvement in Risk Management, both reputational and operational to ensure they are proactively identified and mitigated and all issues are reported/escalated in a timely manner in line with Group and local policies and procedures
- Work with the sub-regional Head of Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing to manage key projects and strategy changes that need to be communicated across the Bank.
- Manage digital marketing budget and internal communications budgets within limits, with a culture for cost management.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s social media and communications policies
- Ensure adherence to the Risk Management Framework, Group Code of Conduct and various Policies, Procedures and Guidelines of the Bank’s Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing teams
- Accountable for digital marketing and internal communications governance to ensure consistency in implementation for both functions within the guidelines
- Engage the full suite of internal communications tools when delivering key initiatives, from social media to the intranet to videos and mobile phones
- Maintain a tight control on social media channels of all issues that have the potential to cause reputational damage to the Bank in-country. Manage crises and proactively deal with threats to the Bank’s reputation
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Internalize the Group’s values and code of conduct in and adhere with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: The Right Environment.
- Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing Team
- Digital Channel Team
- Product Management Team
- Segment Management Team
- Customer Service/Service Quality Teams
- Business and Function Heads
- Country CEO
- Digital Media Agency
- Digital Creative Agency
- CPA model agency
- Media agencies
- Online partners
- Vendors and suppliers
- Network with regional peers in the industry and other sectors
- Analytics agency
- Digital services agency
- Publishers like Facebook, LinkedIn etc
- Tools and product providers
- Web Content Management agency
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Corporate Affairs
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work with senior management and be a trusted partner to the business
- Influencing across of a culturally diverse team across functions and geographies without direct reporting line
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations and to work in high pressure environments
- Ability to stay on top of trends
- Appetite for learning new ways of doing things and adopting new technologies
- Responsibility and perseverance
- High standards of professional integrity and ability to meet deadlines
- At least 8 years experience in a communications related discipline
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications, preferably with Masters degree and digital certifications
- On and off line communications experience, including an interest and knowledge of new social media tools and techniques;
- Extensive experience in E2E marketing campaign management from research to implementation phase and ROI measurement;
- Experience in using Digital Analytics and Media tracking tools (Omniture and Google Analytics) with strong understanding of technical aspects of Digital media performance & measurement
- Previous experience with a digital and/or communications role (client or agency)
- Deep Experience in managing SEM, SEM/PPC, Display & Affiliate marketing is a must;
Talent, Skill and Knowledge:
- Senior stakeholder influencing and engagement skills
- Excellent communications, analytical, project-management, time-management and interpersonal skills
- Persuasive negotiator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and manage multitude of issues simultaneously
- Significant experience of managing professionals over a geographically and culturally diverse region
- Good at Excel, PowerPoint and other MS office programs.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to mobilize teams
- Experience building digital brands, ensuring strong linkage to the external brand position
- Experience building collaborative relationships with other marketing and communication professionals along with the ability to participate in cross-functional projects
- Open and honest team player
- Creative thinker
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply