Standard Chartered Bank is a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Job Title: Branch Operations & Service Manager
Branch Operations & Support
- Responsible for the setting of branch support managers operations objectives, performing their respective appraisals as well as their training / development.
- Responsible for achieving the satisfactory grades in branch audits.
- Responsible for the provision of support, advice and guidance to the branch network regarding all areas of operations.
- Manage and control the activities of your direct reports and ensure that they are consistently appraised, motivated and performance is optimized.
- Monitor & control branch teller differences
- Responsible for monitoring stock of stationery items in the branch
- Data validation and control
- Authorisation of account opening and other documents on filenet
- to perform call back with account holders on third party transactions in line with current call back matrix and DOI
- Branch Lower vault key and Combination custodian
- Back up ATM hood and Vault key custodianship
- Responsible for overall maintenance of the Branch assets
- Custodian of Key register
- Dual custodian for Branch vault
- Responsible for ensuring the reconciliation and control of the various branch suspense accounts and ensuring outstanding are well managed.
- Responsible for supervising the ATM custodian and ensuring proper reconciliation of ATM related accounts.
- Monitor Frauds & forgeries in the region and recommend / implement appropriate actions to minimize occurrence of the same.
System Admin / IT Support
- Branch power
- ATM operations and control
- Provide operational support for Customer Payroll processing Product
- Responsible for implementing, & managing automated distribution channels in Branches e.g. card based services, ATM’s ensuring associated projects comply with group requirements on controls.
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to: “Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to Customers”.
- Ensure staff are trained in combating money laundering
- Branch Clean up: Creation, generation & analysis of management reports on operational/risk issues.
- Create & implement processes/policies which will ensure that on-going operations are in order and which will result in superior delivery of services.
- awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Responsible for monitoring & controlling branch costs
- Responsible for Finance process re-engineering (reimbursement by H/O)
- awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
Operational Risk Monitoring
- Ensures all Branch transactions comply with internal and external policy and regulations-responsible for reviewing the following reports:
- System ID Control Report
- Daily EOD Snapshot Report
- Withdrawal / deposit
- PTA / BTA sales
- TT processing
- Cash stock control
- Outward clearing processing and control
People and Talent
- Demonstrate active leadership in leading the way initiative.
- Q12 impact plans followed through and achieve improved scores with continuous staff engagement.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Build and create an effective back up to functions
- Total Utilisation of all staff Leave by year-end.
- Create and maintain staff awareness through training and monthly Branch meetings.
- Staff Versatility – ability to handle minimum 2 job function per staff
- Ensure minimum monthly training for branch staff
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
Operational Risk Policy
- Ensures all Branch operation practices comply with risk and compliance procedures & processes.
- Responsible for identifying and escalating areas of risk / loss and or system inefficiencies typically NOT covered by ORP documentation to UORM and wherever possible finding solutions to the aforementioned risks.
- Ensure completion of all Leading Key Risk Indicators/ KRI’s / KCSA issues relating to the branch.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of ongoing monitoring and issue resolution
- Conduct the relevant risk training for the line staff and act as business partner to provide OR advise on new business products and initiatives.
- Responsible for developing the relevant control measures and monitoring plans
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
- To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
- Act as the responsible party under the Group’s Risk Management Framework including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for branch sales and service related risk. Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
- Act as OR Coordinator for the section
- To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
- Responsible for consolidation & submission of all Branch Operational Risk documentation to UORM.
- To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities
- Initiate and coordinate efforts in implementing new regulatory and internal policy requirements
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the branch team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in the branch,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications; First degree (minimum of a second class degree) in any higher institution
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply