Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Relationship Manager, Private Banking
Job ID: 17836
- To develop and maintain a portfolio of important revenue generating client relationships within the defined affluent market segment.
- As the primary point of contact for affluent clients, PBRMs sell, deliver and provide on-going service for a broad range of fee income and retail banking and investment products and services appropriate to affluent client.
- Sales – 4 NTB accounts/week/RM, which translates to 16 NTB accounts per month and 192 per year.
- Manage customer migration between segments, sub–segments and the Private Banking business.
- Proactively and timeously identifies potential problem accounts and formulates appropriate risk mitigating strategies.
- Understands clients risk profile and maximises the ‘risk vs. reward’ balance for individual clients by optimising product mix.
- Provides personalised services to clients.Cross selling products to existing business customers and prospects and makes referrals to branches and other lines of business as appropriate.
- Comply with rules, regulations, and legislation governing the financial services industry.
- Accountable for developing and implementing an integrated customer marketing plan, which addresses wealth creation, wealth preservation, wealth enhancement and lifestyle enhancement ; this is achieved through an in-depth analysis of the clients balance sheet so as to identify opportunities and match these opportunities to products/ solutions provided by the group.
- Monitor the delivery of different groups (Wealth, Lending, and Transactional) as well as other specialist product and service providers against customer plan.
- Grow portfolio profitability through the utilisation of available multi-channel delivery strategies, such as actively managing customer migration onto electronic banking channels.
- Achievement of relationship manager sales budget
- Growth / Volume – Customer acquisition and retention
- Client profitability and Risk Management.
- Cross-sell existing bank and group financial product and services to obtain greater share of wallet.
- Job is largely a sales and marketing role with much time spent out marketing with a fair amount of travel for presentations and marketing of banks product and services.
- Maintain close contacts with clients in the portfolio to establish an intimate knowledge of client’s needs.
- Build incredible internal network within the group, to ensure the synergies and teamwork needed to maximise sales opportunities and optimise service delivery.
- Develop strong partnership with Transactional bankers and rest of suite team to ensure excellent and seamless service.
- Execution of customer plan.
- Resuscitate, retain and increase revenues from dormant, current and new private banking relationships.
- Manage and own relationships with up to 200 clients in portfolio.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A first degree or equivalent in any discipline and relevant professional certification in Banking, Business and Finance such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB) from the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN).
- A 1st degree is essential and a 2nd degree or a professional qualification in a related area will provide a sound foundation upon which job experience can be built.
- Must demonstrate hands-on experience in investment banking and Portfolio/Investment Management
- A Master’s degree in Business/Finance or its equivalent would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant banking experience, preferably in a customer facing role and strong relationship management.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Sales Planning
- Cross-selling Skills
- Business Development
- Customer Needs Identification
- Credit Analysis
- E-Channel Management
- Influencing Skills
- Probing Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Portfolio/Investment Management
- Retirement and Estate Planning
- Negotiation Skills
- Business and Financial Advisory
- Knowledge of Asset Management Products
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th July, 2016.