Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead Teller
The key role of the Team Leader, Tellers in Standard Bank is to lead and inspire a team of tellers to consistently deliver exceptional customer service whilst complying against all the routine and laid down requirements of the role. With this in mind let’s chat through the key focus areas of the Team Leader, Tellers.
- The most important aspect of this job is people.
- Performance contracts need to be put in place with each team member and regular performance feedback discussion must take place to ensure that the teller’s performance is at the required level.
- In cases where tellers do not have the required skills or show competency gaps, the team leader needs to decide on what training interventions are required to close the skills gap.
- As the leader of the teller team, the necessary employee administration also needs priority from attendance registers to leave and sick leave!
- A Team Leader Teller’s day begins by understanding the customer arrival patterns, this will determine the number of tellers he/she would need on the frontline at any given point.
- The fact that the teller role is the entry role into the Bank, the Team Leader is responsible to coach, guide and develop new tellers.
- The largest number of Bank customers come into the Branch to conduct transactions at the tellers.
- The Team Leader also needs to identify trends and opportunities that should be referred to management as possible migration and or sales opportunities.
- Customer service is, therefore, at the forefront of the Team Leader Teller role.
- The last experience of the customer is the lasting impression, therefore the Team Leader Tellers needs to understand and manage the impact of his/her tellers on customer expectations.
- Although the teller function is not a sales role, the teller is the role that most frequently interacts with the customer.
- The teller function needs to be geared to identify customer needs and pass on quality leads to the relevant areas! In order to do guide, coach and develop the tellers, the Team Leader tellers needs an in depth product knowledge.
- One of the critical aspects of the Team Leader Tellers is to take responsibility for the Bank’s cash assets, although the teller physically manages the cash on a day to day basis, the Team Leader must ensure that laid down procedures are being adhered to by all the tellers.
- The Team Leader must also be available to authorize transactions that fall outside the mandate of the tellers.
- Banks work and operate within a very strict legal framework.
- Due to the fact that the teller function works with money and other high risk payment instruments the knowledge around the compliance aspect of the business is paramount.
- In order for tellers to grasp and comply with the various rules, processes and procedures, the team leader needs to ensure that his/her team is 100% up to speed with the requirements and are acting accordingly, in cases where they are not the team leader will coach, train and guide them to the point where they understand it fully.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply