Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Consultant
The Customer Consultant is responsible for active sales within the Branch context. Customers who have a need to open/close accounts or who require advice on any product or service of the Bank will see the Customer Consultant. They will then determine the customer’s needs and make recommendations around the best product and/or solution.
Solution based Sales
- The most important aspect of the Customer Consultant’s role is the interaction with customers.
- Customers are being interviewed on a daily basis to determine their specific financial needs.
- Although re-active the Consultant must have the ability to “close the deal”, thereby contributing to the revenue stream of the Branch.
- To safeguard the customer, advice given by the Customer Consultant needs to comply with very specific Financial Regulatory requirements (these may vary from Country to Country)
- Although the Customer Consultant has very specific sales targets, the sales strategy is re-active with customers coming into the Branch to see the Consultant.
- It is critical for the consultant to have very good personal and interpersonal skills which he/she will use to determine the specific financial solutions needed by the customer.
- In order for the Customer Consultant to provide the customer with financial solutions, it is absolutely critical that he/she fully understands the different products of the Bank.
- The Customer Consultant also manages and track cross selling and lead generation opportunities and ensures that the Branch team’s sales and service targets are being met.consultant is seen as the product expert in the Branch.
- Over and above the interaction with customers the Consultant often need to up-skill the branch staff on new and existing products.
- Although the main focus of the consultant is sales he/she must understand and manage the impact of his/her actions and advice on the customer’s overall service experience.
- In many cases the fulfillment of the sales transaction happens outside the Branch – it is very important for the Consultant to understand these processes and build quality relationships with these service providers.
- Credit is a product offering of the Bank and it is important that the consultant fully understands the credit process.
- Coupon lending applications need to be submitted to Credit for sanctioning, it is critical that the Consultant provide accurate information in order for the correct lending decisions to be made.
- Due to the fact that customers open new accounts and or apply for different products i.e.: current accounts, credit cards, home loans etc, it is absolutely critical that the correct information is obtained from customers to comply with the Bank’s laid down procedures and Financial Regulatory requirements.
- Excellent customer service stems from Consultants doing things right the first time – an eye for detail is a must.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply