Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead Customer Service
The key role of the Team Leader, Customer Service in Standard Bank is to lead and inspire a team of front line Team Leaders to consistently deliver exceptional customer service whilst complying with all the routine and laid down requirements of the Bank. With this in mind let’s chat through the key focus areas of the Team Leader, Customer Service.
- The most important aspect of this job is the ability to lead and inspire a team of frontline Team Leaders.
- The Team Leader is also responsible for the management of the full performance cycle, ensuring that all performance contracts are in place for all staff and front line team leaders, regular performance feedback discussion must take place to ensure that the frontline performance is at the required level.
- In cases where staff do not have the required skills or show competency gaps, the Team Leader Customer Service need to decide on what training interventions are required to close the skills gaps.
- The Team Leader also participates in the quarterly career management committee discussions, conduct and lead team meetings and team building sessions.
- The Team Leader Customer Service’s day begins by understanding all the various complexities of the Branch’s frontline, cash management, telling and enquiries.
- One of the most important aspects includes workforce planning, understanding customer arrival patterns and customer behaviour and aligning the tellers and enquiries staff to deliver a consistent customer experience.
- The fact that the Team Leader Customer Service oversees the other full frontline offering implies that he/she is also responsible for identifying critical productivity trends and making recommendations around capacity management, including the employment and management of temporary staff.
- The majority of the Bank’s customers come into the Branch to conduct transactions at the tellers, and/ or make enquiries.
- He/she must understand and manage the impact of his/her full frontline staff on customer expectations.
- The Team Leader also needs to identify trends and opportunities that should be referred to management as possible migration and or sales opportunities.
- Customer service is, therefore, at the forefront of the Team Leader Customer Service’s role! The customer last experience is their lasting impression, therefore the Team Leader Customer Service needs to be absolutely passionate about customer service and customer delight.
- Although the Teller and Enquiries functions are not specifically responsible for sales in the Branch, the frontline roles are the roles that most frequently interact with the customer.
- The Team Leader will also manage and track cross selling and lead generation opportunities and ensure that the team’s sales and service targets are being met.
- He/she will participate in sales and marketing activities when required.
- All front line staff, therefore, need to be geared to identify customer needs and pass on quality leads to the relevant areas! In order to do this the Team Leader will guide, coach, develop and support the front line Team Leaders and requires an in depth knowledge of all the Bank’s products.
- One of the critical aspects of the Team Leader Customer Service is to take full responsibility for the activities of the frontline staff as it relate to routine requirements.
- Although the other front line Team Leaders oversee the physically management of the frontline on a day to day basis, the Team Leader Customer Service must ensure that laid down procedures are being adhered to by all the frontline staff.
- The Team Leader must also be available to conduct customer needs analysis, keep records in terms of the various Financial Industry regulations and take part in any special investigations of losses and/or staff defalcations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply