Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Manager, Business Solutions & Recoveries
Job ID: 20013
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Sector: Banking
- Group Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- To assume full responsibility and accountability of the portfolio (as per attached) of potential and existing non-performing loans under the control of PBB Credit of Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc.
- Manage and lead staff to ensure the minimisation of loss to the Stanbic IBTC Bank (Nigeria) by constantly improving the collections on NPLs, written off accounts as well as managing the rehabilitation and retention policy, so as to have the accounts redefined as performing.
- Ensure that appropriate collection tactics are implemented and security items are timeously and efficiently repossessed and realised;
- Compliance with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action/sanction in respect of regulatory compliance matters.
- Ensure compliance to credit policies and procedures.
- Comply with all the necessary systems and controls put in place to properly manage the NPL book, and maximise the rehabilitation of watchlist accounts in arrears.
- Utilizing effective recovery strategies to recover money on assigned NPLs and Written off accounts either in-house or by out-sourcing.
- Liaise with relevant business units on developments within PBB Credit and their needs.
- Co-operative relationships between the various participants in the credit recovery processes.
- Comply with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action / sanction in respect of regulatory compliance matters.
- Adherence to internal controls and regulatory requirements and enhance procedures, in need.
- Implement collection strategies and campaigns.
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Control and monitor assigned NPL and Written off accounts outsourced e.g Court Orders for Repossession.
Key Performance Measures
- NPL not to exceed agreed target as per KPI.
- To provided Customer Service to internal and external customers to ensure that queries/issues are resolved expeditiously.
- Co-operative relationships between the various participants in the credit recovery processes, inclusive of attorneys, liquidators, auctioneers, trustees and debt collections agencies.
- Manage the impairment charges.
- Timely and accurate submission of all required returns / reports.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences / Economics/Accounting/Law or any other degree considered relevant to this job description and as may be determined from time to time.
- A good knowledge of the collection process and related admin functions and laid down criteria relating to routine matters.
- Knowledge of various legislative requirements, particularly as it pertains to the recovery of debt liquidation/insolvency/administration/receivership processes
- Knowledge of procedural and legal issues involved in the resolution of bad debts evolving from a clear understanding of the provisions of all relevant legislative requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th December, 2016.