Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Learning & Development
Job ID: 17361
Location: Lagos Island
- The Head Learning and Development’s role is to support the overall business strategy and help the business grow through it employees leveraging Learning & Development initiatives.
- Lead and deliver the learning and development strategy which supports StanbicIBTC’s vision and aids the flexibility and growth of the business.
- Manage all aspects of the learning and development cycle including; learning needs analysis, creating Learning and Development plans and budgets, design, delivery and evaluation of learning interventions.
- Produce organisational strategy and plans to meet training and development needs, and manage training delivery, measurement and follow-up as necessary.
- Identify, select and manage external training and accreditation bodies, agencies and providers necessary to deliver required training to appropriate standards.
- Effectively manage the Learning Academy to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery.
- Monitor and report on activities, costs, performance, etc, as required.
- Develop self, and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times.
- Lead a team of internal L&D consultants and develop a plan with trusted partners to meet the needs of the business
- Plan departmental/functional training budgets, forecast costs and delegate numbers as required by organisational planning and budgeting systems.
- Design and deliver appropriate training interventions in-house and with third parties, using a variety of training solutions, e.g. workshops, webinars, coaching, e-learning and action learning for employees at all levels
- Ensure all training activities and materials meet with relevant organisational, statutory and regulatory requirements and effectively address business requirements.
- Partner with Business leaders, L&D colleagues and HC Business Partners to identify and drive a comprehensive learning strategy for StanbicIBTC
- Assess relevant training needs for staff individuals and organisation, in consultation with departmental heads, including assessment methods and measurement systems entailed.
- Stay informed as to relevant skill and qualifications levels required by staff for effective performance, and circulate requirements and relevant information to the organisation as appropriate.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc Social Sciences
- Post graduate qualification
- SHRM/CIPM or CIPD in Learning & Development
- Thrives in a fast paced, results-oriented environment requiring a high degree of flexibility whilst retaining business disciplines.
- Previous experience of managing a team and working alongside multiple departments.
- Experience of managing and implementing innovative training & development projects.
- Previous experience of managing training in across multiple business units at a senior level for at least three (3) years.
- Previous Financial Services industry experience.
- Understanding instructional design principles.
- Understanding of learning methodologies
- Understanding of learning needs analysis.
- Creation of training programs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th June, 2016.